100 Series LC OEM CV Axle Rebuild with FACTORY Shaft Assy. Outboard Joint 43460-69145 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed DS last night. This was not easy.
I put in inner side first which went in really smoothly. Unfortunately outer did not go in until I removed the knuckle which ended up being a challenge by itself.
I used 2.4 mm snap ring (07).
The backlash is not at zero which is a bummer.

I just got tired of the Drive-To-Reverse Clunk: After investigation and with OEM diff bushings all around, the clunk is still present. Next was the CV axles: I installed chinese (carquest) CV's 14K miles ago. Issues I found with these CV's:
FREE-PLAY at
(A) 2-3 degrees just inside outboard joint
(B) 2-3 degrees just inside inboard joint
(C) 2-4 degrees at the inboard splines
No wonder the clunk was still present.

Most cost effective remedy:
Generally, the OEM inboard and outboard CV's (except boots) are good for life of the truck, but the problem is the splines at the outboard joint.
So, I bought OEM Shaft assembly 43460-69145 and it comes with everything you need to rebuild an axle with your existing OEM inner joint

Tools used:
Pick tool, flat screwdriver, puller, lock ring pliers, hammer to lock the boot clips and paper towels
3rd picture shows the removal of the clip in the old (OEM) CV inboard joint

View attachment 2284112

View attachment 2284113

View attachment 2284115

View attachment 2284119

View attachment 2284120
As part of my brake refresh project, I’m rebuilding the CVs on my 208k 02 LC. New flanges are on order as well. The first post here referenced j43460-69145 for the outboard shaft kit. 43460-69146 also comes up for the outboard shaft but it’s a little higher in price at my local dealer.

Anyone know if they are the same or different? Complete OEM CVs aren’t available without backorder at the moment.

As part of my brake refresh project, I’m rebuilding the CVs on my 208k 02 LC. New flanges are on order as well. The first post here referenced j43460-69145 for the outboard shaft kit. 43460-69146 also comes up for the outboard shaft but it’s a little higher in price at my local dealer.

Anyone know if they are the same or different? Complete OEM CVs aren’t available without backorder at the moment.
Looking the part up on McGeorge right now (planning on doing the rebuild as well) and it says that 43460-69146 replaces 43460-69145.

1684891608403.png

Question for the experts/OP, when clamping the boots on, it seems like all that was needed was a hammer to bend tabs (I could be completely wrong). Should these be tightened with a specific set of clamp pliers or something such as the OTC 4722 Stinger Heavy-Duty CV Boot Clamp Installer? Out of the entire process, this was the only part I had questions about, the write up was a great resource.

Doing my front end with this kit. Driver side went as expected. When I got into the passenger side, I found this...
It does not fit the splines in the driveshaft kit, so I'm having to Frankenstein it
IMG_20230604_093947037.jpg

IMG_20230604_095444360.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a 4 Runner CV- That 3 ball type of CV is pretty weak, won't last long in a 100 series.
It's been in there for at least 9 years, when I bought this rig. I just keep finding stupid stuff Going to Frankenstein it to get it running and then replace it with a real one. F*** 🤬

Looks like a 4 Runner CV- That 3 ball type of CV is pretty weak, won't last long in a 100 series.
It's been in there for at least 9 years since I bought this rig. Unk how long it was in there b4. Keep finding surprises. Going to Frankenstein it to get it running and then replace it with a real one. F***

It's been in there for at least 9 years since I bought this rig. Unk how long it was in there b4. Keep finding surprises. Going to Frankenstein it to get it running and then replace it with a real one. F***
9yrs Remarkable-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom