100 series has the rona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for guidance on two items:

1. My Instrument cluster keeps going going in / out. It seems to be getting worse. I thought I read here that the manuals are postes somewhere, is that correct?
2. I keep getting multiple misfire codes (P301, 5, 7) mainly on the odd side. I've replaced my coil packs and plugs twice and the codes keep coming back. My landcruiser smells like a old C10 with a bad carb. What do I need to check next??
1597886203784.png

Thanks in advance.
David

100's are sensitive to voltage and bad batteries. Have you had your alternator and battery tested? While your at it you might want to check your ground cables. Regarding your check engine, have you had your timing belt replaced recently? Maybe the timing belt wasn't put back properly and the timing is off.

100's are sensitive to voltage and bad batteries. Have you had your alternator and battery tested? While your at it you might want to check your ground cables. Regarding your check engine, have you had your timing belt replaced recently? Maybe the timing belt wasn't put back properly and the timing is off.

No timing belt yet. It was replace at 130,000, it's now up to 223,000. I replaced my battery and alternator about a month ago, this forum saved me with the pig tail replacement.
The misfire codes have been going on for a while now, I kept replacing the coil packs and plugs. I when really cheap on the coil packs, I wonder if that's the issue?
I had to get it towed into the dealership about two years ago, (my key lost it's sync with the ECM?? It wouldn't start, the techs couldn't read anything past the ECM when they hooked the laptop up to it. They said I'd need to replace my fusebox but they don't make them anymore. So the tech re-wired the box for the key to work.

I'll check the ground cables.

Thanks again for responding so quickly!

There's at least one ground hidden on the back of the block, passenger side, that isn't obvious. May be one on the driver's side as well.

I when really cheap on the coil packs, I wonder if that's the issue?
90-99% probability that’s the problem. Before you go spending anymore money, swap the #5 and #6 coil packs. If the misfire code moves to the #6 cylinder, you have your answer.
It was replace at 130,000, it's now up to 223,000.
You’re 3k miles overdue for a new timing belt. Misfires all on the same bank like you currently have could very well be a warning sign that your timing is off because the belt is about to break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom