100 Series AHC maintenance needed in New England, Maine-NH-Mass. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here in NewEngland know of someone who’d be willing to do an AHC baseline/fluid flush, torsion bar reset, etc on our LX470? We’re headed to Brimfield Mass from Midcoast Maine on the 12th and headed back on the afternoon of Sat the 14th. We could drop the LX off on the way south Thursday. Thanks. PFA.

BA2B3236-1D31-4F03-BAF4-74F5FCD63A67.jpeg

I drained and refilled the AHC when I first bought my 2006 LX. Not extremely difficult but did have to do some reading. Similar to doing brake fluid change. I have not done a techstream torsion bar reset. Unfortunately, I am away most of this month. I am not really sure of any Landcruiser specific shops in Maine.

That is a nice looking LX.

Good luck.

I drained and refilled the AHC when I first bought my 2006 LX. Not extremely difficult but did have to do some reading. Similar to doing brake fluid change. I have not done a techstream torsion bar reset. Unfortunately, I am away most of this month. I am not really sure of any Landcruiser specific shops in Maine.

That is a nice looking LX.

Good luck.
I did the flush as well. I cant get my techstream to work and I dont have the time to **** with it. We need the bar maintenance above all else at this point.

Toyota dealer should be able to do it. Ultimately it’s one hour of work max. As long they have someone who can read the tech manual it is easy.

Toyota dealer should be able to do it. Ultimately it’s one hour of work max. As long they have someone who can read the tech manual it is easy.
I’d agree, I did call two dealers in southern Maine and 1 reputable Indi. We’ll see what comes back for quotes.

I wonder if Lexus dealers in general may have a lot more experience with AHC? The LX 98-07 all have AHC vs. Toyota only 06-07 with AHC.

I wonder if Lexus dealers in general may have a lot more experience with AHC? The LX 98-07 all have AHC vs. Toyota only 06-07 with AHC.
I’m going to assume they would but I’d also have to assume that AHC services at dealers are few and far between. Playing amateur autophile I think that the degradation of attentive stewards over the ownership of these rigs is a real thing. Assuming by the time there is an actual “need” for AHC service it gets handled several ways, the dealer being the last resort. 🤷‍♂️ Such is the case here in a way but I refuse to just let it go, and am very interested in getting the service done. I just dont necessarily want to pay the dealer over a competent indi. Unfortunately I live in a particular area of the country that just so happens to not have a plethora of guys available who are into these things. Months ago when I called the Lexus dealer they acted as if they wouldn't recommend doing it and then gave me some astronomical quote. I believe I gave a narration of the events here somewhere.

I’m going to assume they would but I’d also have to assume that AHC services at dealers are few and far between. Playing amateur autophile I think that the degradation of attentive stewards over the ownership of these rigs is a real thing. Assuming by the time there is an actual “need” for AHC service it gets handled several ways, the dealer being the last resort. 🤷‍♂️ Such is the case here in a way but I refuse to just let it go, and am very interested in getting the service done. I just dont necessarily want to pay the dealer over a competent indi. Unfortunately I live in a particular area of the country that just so happens to not have a plethora of guys available who are into these things. Months ago when I called the Lexus dealer they acted as if they wouldn't recommend doing it and then gave me some astronomical quote. I believe I gave a narration of the events here somewhere.
Most dealers in my area will not service AHC. We've had multiple customers come to the ADGU shop for simple AHC service because nobody else will touch it, sadly.

Most dealers in my area will not service AHC. We've had multiple customers come to the ADGU shop for simple AHC service because nobody else will touch it, sadly.
I believe it. Its not daunting at all. I just dont have the time. I ship out and work when I’m at home.

Crawford's Precision Wheel in Bradley would be my choice. Not super close to mid coast but not that far out either. My family has been using since they opened about 30 years ago. They're the type of shop that you can bring in a manual and parts and they will get it done correctly. I've had better luck with them over the Toyota dealer.

Hope you enjoyed Brimfield!

I don't have a specific recommendation, but have heard good things about Parry Motors in Portland and Ken's Auto Repair in Buxton as they both specialize in Toyotas. They may be worth calling to see if they are familiar with AHC. I know they are now out of your way since the Brimfield trip is over, but if you are down in the Portland area they may be worth a shot.

EDIT: misread the date on this! I thought the past was May '23 not May '22. Sorry for the thread revival and hope the LX has been sorted out now

Hope you enjoyed Brimfield!

I don't have a specific recommendation, but have heard good things about Parry Motors in Portland and Ken's Auto Repair in Buxton as they both specialize in Toyotas. They may be worth calling to see if they are familiar with AHC. I know they are now out of your way since the Brimfield trip is over, but if you are down in the Portland area they may be worth a shot.

EDIT: misread the date on this! I thought the past was May '23 not May '22. Sorry for the thread revival and hope the LX has been sorted out now
No worries, as a matter of fact I feel bad that I didn’t follow up. The Lexconnection in Portland was the go to here for sure. I spoke with the owner and after a few minutes I knew this was the place hands down. LexConnection | Lexus & Toyota Sales & Service in Portland, Maine - https://www.lexconnection.com/

Crawford's Precision Wheel in Bradley would be my choice. Not super close to mid coast but not that far out either. My family has been using since they opened about 30 years ago. They're the type of shop that you can bring in a manual and parts and they will get it done correctly. I've had better luck with them over the Toyota dealer.
Now that this zombie thread is revived, I just want to say... holy s***! Crawford's! I remember my Dad taking his car there back when I was a kid! He grew up working in a mechanic shop and it was the only place he would take our cars when he couldn't do something himself. That's about the highest praise you can give a place if you ask me. Glad to see they're still kicking ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom