New to me 100 series from Reddit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New member and long time lurker. Posted on Reddit last week about this 2002 LC. Long story short, it had been sitting either in the driveway or the street half a block away from the beach since I’ve moved here in 2016. I’d run by this thing every other day. After owning various other Toyotas (19 4Runner pro, 2011 rock warrior, and a 23 tundra that I hated) I decided to start looking for something significantly cheaper and more fun. So anyways, he’s asking 10k for it and takes it to our local dealer to get inspected before we sealed the deal, well come to find out it needs just about everything. Rear main seal, valve cover gaskets leaking, timing belt, everything coolant related, front axles, all 4 shocks… list goes on. Interior is… worn. While I usually do everything myself because I have access to a lift on base (active duty navy) I let the dealer do the heavy lifting, added a new starter while they’re in there and told them to leave the shocks as is since I’ll do that myself. Having all that work warranties is a nice plus too. Plan is to have this thing mechanically sound, which after a few days at Arlington Toyota… it mostly will be. Go through it myself and replace the known common fail items (fuse box, heater T’s) replace all bushings while I’m doing the suspension (iron man 4x4 with OME UCA’s) and then get started on the interior. Oh! And also start wheeling this thing anytime possible!

In case anyone was wondering.
2002 LC 100 series- $2,000.00
Rear main seal, both front axles, starter, fuel and coolant flush, brake, oil and all diff fluid’s, new spark plugs- 6700.00
8700.00 total so far.

IMG_8760.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8749.png

IMG_8751.jpeg

Welcome to MUD! I hope the old rig brings you many good times, I know mine has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom