1 piston replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd expect some light smoke from burning off of assembly lube until things get good and hot for 15-30 minutes.
If it puked oil into the exhaust as a result of the failure, them oil smoke will be worse for longer IMO
Yyeeeeaaahhhhhh. Wait till you see the video I'm about to upload . Drilled a small hole in my muffler, and oil and nasties poured out in a solid stream for 3 minutes. It's still dripping, but think I found the source... It looks all like old oil, thankfully not nice fresh oil. Although I suppose it could be fresh oil mixed with all the carbon and stuff. But I'm going to air on the side of probably not

Yyeeeeaaahhhhhh. Wait till you see the video I'm about to upload . Drilled a small hole in my muffler, and oil and nasties poured out in a solid stream for 3 minutes. It's still dripping, but think I found the source... It looks all like old oil, thankfully not nice fresh oil. Although I suppose it could be fresh oil mixed with all the carbon and stuff. But I'm going to air on the side of probably not

Eeekkk!
So allow a couple of hours running time then! *insert smoke bomb emoji here

getting all that out is gonna help a tad

Eeekkk!
So allow a couple of hours running time then! *insert smoke bomb emoji here
so 90 mins of running at 1200 rpm, still smokin might be better? drove around block and that heated it up a level and started smoke screening again
... Neighbors really gotta love me by now. SORRY!!

UPDATE: Running Great! drilled hole in muffler low spot and oily crap drained out for over 3 mins. Drove after that and it stopped smoking in less than 5 miles...

running rough was due to bad plug , and a CODE 25 that was popping up went away after re-routing the ground to proper location on the head by the pressure regulator, as well as replacing an O2 sensor plug that had all 4 wires bare and such.

no codes for 3 days now.
:bounce:

UPDATE: Running Great! drilled hole in muffler low spot and oily crap drained out for over 3 mins. Drove after that and it stopped smoking in less than 5 miles...

running rough was due to bad plug , and a CODE 25 that was popping up went away after re-routing the ground to proper location on the head by the pressure regulator, as well as replacing an O2 sensor plug that had all 4 wires bare and such.

no codes for 3 days now.
:bounce:
aw damn code 25 back. into diag mode. boop beep bop beep beep boop boop

Thanks for posting this, I hope I am not too late. I am going to change my muffler oil today, never changed it before, fingers crossed it will be okay with some fresh oil. How much do I need to add back in after draining?

Thanks for posting this, I hope I am not too late. I am going to change my muffler oil today, never changed it before, fingers crossed it will be okay with some fresh oil. How much do I need to add back in after draining?
Bwwaahhaahaha ... That's been the running joke here too ... We were thinking about 2 quarts out to fill the muffler cavity and lube the muffler bearings good enough

Bwwaahhaahaha ... That's been the running joke here too ... We were thinking about 2 quarts out to fill the muffler cavity and lube the muffler bearings good enough

Sounds about right to me. I am going to run a 50/50 mix of 80w90 gear oil and 10w30 high mileage motor oil. Best to be safe and cover all my bases.

Sounds about right to me. I am going to run a 50/50 mix of 80w90 gear oil and 10w30 high mileage motor oil. Best to be safe and cover all my bases.
Don't forget the antifreeze to keep the muffler from overheating

I missed the muffler oil change video when it was first posted, amazing.

Do you need a different oil for the cats? Or the same?

Good question. I was thinking the cats may need lubrication as well. I read through the fsm and learned they were upstream in the exhaust and therefore would get lubrication from diesigned blow by. That’s when I realized the error I made putting in my oil catch can off the crank case. Removed that and now runs like new.

Do you need a different oil for the cats? Or the same?
You should know better than that, it makes no difference, put the oil in the rear most silencer, doesn't bother cats at all, might help with code 25 as well?

Regards

Dave

You should know better than that, it makes no difference, put the oil in the rear most silencer, doesn't bother cats at all, might help with code 25 as well?

Regards

Dave
i was going to , buuuut mine got so lubricated, it fell off! :rofl::p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom