1.5" Front End Lift Options (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Baselining my Car Pool Cruiser currently. Frame cleaning, fuel line/gas tank replacement, etc... Will be used for trips to work, car pool and beer runs. Occasional beach driving, light off-roading and towing a 19' boat. I'm inclined to go with stock rear shocks, air bags, to keep from squatting while towing, and 2865 rear springs, just to get a little height for the sake of it. 285/70R17s going on this weekend.

Wondering though what my options are for the front end in order to keep the appropriate rake that the vehicle has now. Seems like 1"+ is too much to ask for out of cranking on the torsion bars.

What parts should I be looking at?
NRB.jpg

No detriment to squeezing 1.5" out of the torsion bars? I assumed that much may cause CV boots to leak of put the wheel too close to the lower bump stop, but this is why I'm asking.

Thanks

No detriment to squeezing 1.5" out of the torsion bars? I assumed that much may cause CV boots to leak of put the wheel too close to the lower bump stop, but this is why I'm asking.

Thanks
If boots are old, they’ll leak. But if they’re old enough to leak then they ought to be replaced anyways. Adjusting torsion bars, whether factory or aftermarket, is the only way to “lift” the front of a 100.

If boots are old, they’ll leak. But if they’re old enough to leak then they ought to be replaced anyways. Adjusting torsion bars, whether factory or aftermarket, is the only way to “lift” the front of a 100.
Next search…

Replacing CV Boots. 🤷‍♂️

If you don't have constant extra weight in the rear, your best bet is stock OEM springs and airbags. Just use the airbags properly when towing. $100 and problem solved.

Aim for a 1" lift in the rear (30mm spacers if you're not carrying extra weight all the time, ARB springs for 1-1.5" lift if you are) and a 1" lift up front with just torsion bar adjustments. No need to do anything else.

I did that with my 99 and it was great. Small little lift to get a little better approach/departure and no need to make any other accommodations.

Aim for a 1" lift in the rear (30mm spacers if you're not carrying extra weight all the time, ARB springs for 1-1.5" lift if you are) and a 1" lift up front with just torsion bar adjustments. No need to do anything else.

I did that with my 99 and it was great. Small little lift to get a little better approach/departure and no need to make any other accommodations.

Dig it, Bud. Thanks.

Most juice for the squeeze solution is always what I’m looking for.

Given your planned "needs", my recommendation is to do a bit less - crank the TBs .75" - 1" and swap out those tires for some ATs.

I've shared this pic a few (too many?) times, but it makes the point well. These are both stock. My 100 has the TBs cranked .75", no running boards and the ubiquitous 275/70/18 ATs. The ride was like stock, nothing leaked... I kinda miss that phase.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 7.20.13 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom