1.1° difference between Left and Right caster readings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update:

Went through the checklist from the folks here and took it for another reading at another place

@eimkeith 's tip of ensuring tires are all aired up properly - confirmed 35ish PSI all around
@landtank 's tip of checking that the knuckle/axle stops are being touched on full turns on both sides front and back - confirmed there are no gaps
@smritte' s to make sure the brakes are properly engaged and alignment angle on the machine

Below are the latest readings

Left caster: 0.91
Right caster: 0.41

This 0.5 delta is about what @eimkeith calculated @ 0.44 due to my DS being about 1/4" lower than the PS- hmmm this might be it?

I'm no longer worried since confirming it's not really 1.1* apart, it drives decent, and will only get better once radius arms from @Delta VS come in ;)

Let me know your thoughts.

tempImagekbuC9s.png

Close enough. Most of the machines do a "fair" job of calculating caster. I teach an alignment class, I make my students use two different machines then we calculate manually with a bubble gauge and a tape measure. You would be surprised how the same vehicle can end up with different readings on the machines but manually end up the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom