craigslist 06 100 in Portland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems too good to be true. If it’s legit it won’t last long.

Last edited:
Has surprisingly little service history. Not just on the Toyota Owners site, but also Carfax.

Has surprisingly little service history. Not just on the Toyota Owners site, but also Carfax.
Did carfax show the front end accident?

Did carfax show the front end accident?

Should have been more specific. I added it as one of my own vehicles on the myCARFAX app. You can see some stuff like service history, but it doesn't show you the number of owners or if the vehicle has been damaged.

How do you know about an accident?

So you must have contacted seller to get VIN.

I've been speaking with owner, I asked. When I see a front or rear bumper replaced, and rig not built. It is a safe bet there's been damage. It's damage was minor or so it seems. The current owner replaced bumper ++ and had some painting done. Look close at pictures and you'll see! Whether more in history I do not know!

He's a really nice guy, in mud and very open about damage and condition. But what-else and what carfax has on it, will effect value. Low miles rigs like this tend to have some issues. It deals with setting for long periods and not being driven. Not a big deal for those that know what to look for and what to correct.

But the it is a legit deal. It's going to make someone very happy and likely today and likely at or near full price.;)

1581641871141.png

Took one for the team...still a gorgeous rig.

Somebody plz post VIN so this is searchable.

Figured there was some repaired damage due to engine compartment paint color.
Thought something was strange when seller said they would provide VIN when they got home.. but never did...

DID NOT expect to see “salvage” on the Carfax when the Craigslist add says “clean”

Figured there was some repaired damage due to engine compartment paint color.
Thought something was strange when seller said they would provide VIN when they got home.. but never did...

DID NOT expect to see “salvage” on the Carfax when the Craigslist add says “clean”

Considering the location of damage, geographical location, and the newly-fit ARB bumper, I wonder if it was an animal strike. Not like that would change the status of the title, but maybe the damage was more superficial (ie no frame damage). If the repair work was done right, this could be a nice rig for someone if the seller is willing to get realistic on the price.

ETA: Nevermind, scratch my hypothesis.

Last edited:
The VIN is:

JTEHT05JX62099494

When you search this VIN on vehiclehistory.com, it has an entry of an "incident" that appears to be a record of the vehicle being sold at auction.

lc_auction.JPG

This has some moderate details about the auction and lists "Severe Damage FRONT END" and "Moderate damage MECHANICAL"

I found these two images from Googling the VIN:

front_driver.jpg

front_passenger.jpg

Honestly the car looks pretty good now. Who knows if there was frame damage. But it seems smarmy to list the LC with a "clean Oregon title" when it previously had a Salvage title from another state. And was sold at auction. Hopefully whoever buys this LC can see the records from whatever repair shop(s) fixed this thing.

Anyway, I guess the moral here is: always Google the VIN.

Apparently it does have a clean Oregon title.

Not sure how title brands work from state to state but it appears a branded Idaho title does not always equal a Oregon branded title.

That's way different. Is the guy the second owner?

BTW, those aren't AT tires...at least, not in my opinion.

He sure didn't own it all that long. Only put about 6000 miles on it since the rebuild. Wonder if there are some gremlins in the front end and wants to get rid of it.

I sent him an email asking about the Idaho salvage title and included a photo of the wrecked car. His response has a lot more detail than the CL ad:

Im a land cruiser fanatic and had a completely built 100 series for many years and unfortunately was forced to sell it in order to pay for my wife's ski accident injuries… My uncle here in Portland owns and operates CH auto body, and works with insurance companies and auctions. A few years later knowing my love of cruisers he informed me about this cruiser coming up at an insurance sale in Idaho and I jumped on it with plans to once again get back into overlanding.It came with 42 or 44k miles (I don’t recall exactly), when I got it here in Portland I had his shop do all of the repairs and I purchased all of the parts my self, ALL Toyota parts only and things like headlights, grille and miscellaneous little things came new from the local Toyota dealer which I have receipts for.When I got the car the 3rd row seats were missing and instead had a custom cover made for carrying a dog… Having three kids its important for us to have use of the 3rd row and after not having any luck on craigslist I turned to tracking down the 1st original owner with hopes they might still have them…. And it paid off.. they did. This car was used by them at their vacation home in Sun Valley ID when ever they come up there from Santa Barbara (hence the low miles). When I got it it still had the original winter studies tires from 2006. Long story short… on a trip east I stopped by their home and their home care taker brought out the seats still packed in black trash bags.Its almost been 2 years since we’ve owned it and put on 8k miles…Runs amazing and has no issues, all of repair work done at my uncles shop is pure perfection.Im completely open to having it inspected at any dealer of choice and proudly stand behind my rig.We are in the middle of building a new home and unfortunately toys have to go to come up with some $…
Hope that answers all your questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom