05' GX, can't believe I missed these! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
As the title states, I can't believe how excellent a package the GX is. I have owned several 80 series, a 40, a 60 and a 5th gen 4runner, and all are great, but I just didn't give the GX470 a look until recently. Anyway, I think it started when @Aloha Jen posted up about their GX in the 80 section (with very cool Prado badging) that I started to research them. When I went hunting for a rig that would see my daughter through the rest of her college years and beyond, without breaking the bank, the GX470 kept popping up.
Anyway, I picked up this 05' for what I believe was a good deal and we are off and rolling!
20170731_201210.jpg

She has 221,000 miles but has had mostly Lexus service and good overall records. The wheels are corroded to heck but the body and underside are nice for our area. I will have to do the timing belt in the next 6 months or so but no biggie.
Went after a powder coat job on the wheels right away (what I do for a living) and fixed up the wheels. Did a grey chrome which we like with the black.
20170803_143418.jpg

I will keep a record of our doings here for a nice reference. Thanks ahead for the great posts and shared experience.

Cheers:beer:

Congrats. I have the same year and color. Working on suspension now. Just added a Southern Style Offroad bumper.

Last edited:
Congrats

Welcome to the 120 section! I drive my '09 daily and is my go to truck for filling it with 8 friends or family visitors for "on-road" tours around the Island. I pack them in the 80 if we are headed for hard to reach beaches or muddy trails into the interior. Enjoy your new GX!

Welcome to the 120 section! I drive my '09 daily and is my go to truck for filling it with 8 friends or family visitors for "on-road" tours around the Island. I pack them in the 80 if we are headed for hard to reach beaches or muddy trails into the interior. Enjoy your new GX!

Not sure what could possibly make that any better....cheers to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom