04 LX470 parking assist (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys. Picked up my first LX470. Love it!

I've been searching quite extensively on weather or not the 04 LX470 has parking assist, which most resources say it does. However, I cannot find anything on how it is enabled/used. Are there sensors in the bumpers for monitoring close proximity? Do you have to enable anything in the settings on the sat/nav?

IMAG0448.jpg

I can't authoritatively answer for an 04 LX470.

I do have an 06 LX470 that is about as fully loaded as they get and it does not have any sort of proximity sensors. Out of curiosity I went and dug up the 06 sales brochure, that I got from the dealer when I purchased my vehicle, and see no mention of "parking assist" (or similar) as standard or an option.

I have seen a dealer installed system at the Toyota dealer parts counter, and some Lexus dealers might do the same.

What are the sources that you are seeing that indicate it should have this feature?

Our 06' LX470 does not have parking assist and have not seen them on other LX470's.

Yes. On Slee's website and others I have seen it state this. I would agree with JLB in that they are referring to the camera.

"Parking assist" = Back up camera

I definitely don't have it either. It would be nice though...

Do you folks have a grid that shows up on your back-up screen?

I see, a steering wheel sensor is tied into the system. But I guess it is only used for Navi and not the reverse cam.

Here's Diagram 86-06: REAR MONITOR DISPLAY & CAMERA

#1 is Steering Wheel Sensor
#2 Parking Assist Computer
#3 Back-up camera

parking_assist.jpg

Why would there be a parking assist ECU and no actual parking assist?

Why would there be a parking assist ECU and no actual parking assist?
I would guess the "parking assist" ecu just manages the backup camera and possibly the input of the steering sensor.

So, besides having a rear view camera, does it assist in parking any other way?

Might be referring to the variable assist power steering. Which provides more assist while parking than on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom