04' LX470 NAV Delete? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post here, been lurking for a year and decided to make an account lol.

I just recently picked up a non-navigation climate control from an Australian spec. 05' landcruiser.

20220125_232234.jpg

I was wondering if there are any write ups on installing this into a 04' LX470 with the climate control integrated into the nav. display?

Ive looked and all Ive seemed to have found are the pre-03' nav deletes (with knobs). And post-03' with the button type climate control interface. Nothing on the post-03' with knobs. Maybe I didnt look hard enough?

Just want to know before I dig into this and figure it out myself.

Whoo buddy! You are in for a treat! Jerryb's write up on the button interface was ludicrous enough, I can't image the effort involved to make that work.

Please write it up here if you manage to get it working. Many would be interested.

Let's hope this works. I've wondered for a long time about sourcing used parts from non-nav 100s in Australia or S Africa. I just assumed they were the same push button setups we've been converting our LCs and LXs and didn't realize they used rotary dials more similar to the '02 and earlier US non nav cars.

Messaged jerry. He said theres someone on here that did it successfully but he cant recall who it was. Did a super quick check over the wiring diagram of my Nav equipped 04' LX470 and found the servo motor wiring colors seem to be the same along with power and ground. Hopefully this works out. Still trying to find a pinout for the 05' Landcruiser GXL climate control.

I will dig in to it deeper as soon as I sort out the wiring for my other project cars. Lol!

Buy the euro TIS subscription and download the wiring diagrams that match the vehicle this came out of. Then we can help you. I'm very curious if this can actually be done, given the much higher prevalence of manual type climate controls. Me, I like my auto controls.

I plan on following your progress and really hope this works out for you. Out of curiosity where did you find the parts?

Finally got around to working on the truck again. Wiring is coming along. Just and FYI I'll make a more detailed write-up once I have everything operating as it should.

20220417_011512.jpg

The harness (3 plugs) out of my navigation equipped 04' LX470 a/c control assembly plug directly into the manual 3 knob climate control. Although doing this will only get it less than half working, you'll have power, ground, illumination and servo-motor operation (for hot/cold and air routing; face, legs, defog etc.) but no blower motor or air conditioning. I re-pinned all 3 connectors, did some color matching and probing with my multimeter and still have 15 or so left over wires.

20220415_144824.jpg

I just paid for access to European TIS and downloaded a bunch of wiring diagrams related to the manual 3 knob climate control. Looking at the diagrams/pinouts its now much simpler, haha. Since my 04' has automatic air conditioning it only has one wire output from the a/c control assembly to the blower motor controller. I now realize I should have grabbed the blower motor box with the blower resistor, relays and pigtails. Whelp. Should be easy enough to make my own harness/circuit though.

I will update this thread as I continue along. I would like to say though, having the double-din/radio mounted where the climate control display used to be is so much better.

If I had saw this in jan I would have answered better in the PMs. Sorry about that. I was away working.

seeing the front, waht about mirror heater and rear fan control OR rear AC.
Looks like it's coming along, if you need anything more let me know.

I'm getting very close now. Looks like it has the option for rear a/c (wiring is there), just needs a button. Spliced the side mirror defogger into the rear defogger so they both come on when the switch is depressed. Hazard button, center diff. lock and passenger seatbelt reminder are operational. Still need to find the security light/immobilizer light pin (my euro tis subscription expired). Bulbs need to be replaced, A/C switch and recirculating/fresh air switch are also not working. Lastly, as stated above I will also need to run wiring for the blower motor relays and resistor in order for it to work.

Once all this wiring is finished up Ill be getting a headunit that sits a little more flush in the dash. Reason I bought the one below is how the headunit had to be mounted before.

New setup:

20220419_212914.jpg

Old setup (very close to the shift knob):

20220415_141753.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the dial climate controls. I really wish my LX had those. So much easier to adjust quickly than dicking around with the touch screen.

What's your address? I'm coming to see you with an '04 LX470. ;)

NIce work!!

You know, if you were to put together a guide on how to do this, with parts, people would pay for it. I know I would. I liked jerryb's work to use the digital climate controls, but it required parts that were virtually unavailable. If these parts are easy to source, this could be valuable knowledge.

I don't say this to take away from mud's knowledge base, only to give lndcrzrr motivation to make a guide!

You know, if you were to put together a guide on how to do this, with parts, people would pay for it. I know I would. I liked jerryb's work to use the digital climate controls, but it required parts that were virtually unavailable. If these parts are easy to source, this could be valuable knowledge.
I don't say this to take away from mud's knowledge base, only to give lndcrzrr motivation to make a guide!
+1. Nice work!

+2

First post here, been lurking for a year and decided to make an account lol.

I just recently picked up a non-navigation climate control from an Australian spec. 05' landcruiser.

View attachment 2905915

I was wondering if there are any write ups on installing this into a 04' LX470 with the climate control integrated into the nav. display?

Ive looked and all Ive seemed to have found are the pre-03' nav deletes (with knobs). And post-03' with the button type climate control interface. Nothing on the post-03' with knobs. Maybe I didnt look hard enough?

Just want to know before I dig into this and figure it out myself.
excuse me bro, do you know where i could buy one of these later model 07 rotary head units?

DM me if you can help

all the best,

- T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom