04 GX470 Build & Advice Gathering Thread — Help me build out my overlander/daily driver... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today's adventures:
  • First wash (in my ownership). Found the extent to the scratches, etc on this 200k vehicle. Could really use a paint correction :bang:
  • Installed the LFD roof rails. I have four, but couldn't get the last one to fit. It's about 1/16th of an inch too long :bang:
  • Pulled the AHC control unit and replaced it with the "cup" version (at least until I need the switch plate version) :cool:
  • Swapped the cabin air filter. Wasn't as bad as I expected, but definitely had some crud in it.
  • Measured the lift which was 21 center to wheel well in the front, and 23 in the rear. I was 19.5-20 all the way around pre-lift, so it's ~2 in the front (which was intended) but looking like about 3" in the rear on the Eibach kit. I'm assuming that this is due to my airbags being on their way out. I believe it's correctly installed; the shop that did it is reputable and has installed this kit before.
  • Added an Anker Roav F0 bluetooth to FM transmitter. Probably end up upgrading it once I figure out what I want to switch to, but for $15 this is a solid hold-over.
IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

Howdy, would you mind sharing a link to the Eibach kit you used? How do you like it so far? I feel like I'm finally making progress in understanding how all this works...

Ironman's writeup about "foam cell" really has me thinking, "hmmm, is it really that much better to be worth it?" I mean, if we're going go into the wilderness with this regular for years to come I figure might as well get the best.

btw, drove my new GX home from Ontario CA today (I'm the one who emailed you this week). I'll post it up here soon.

Howdy, would you mind sharing a link to the Eibach kit you used? How do you like it so far? I feel like I'm finally making progress in understanding how all this works...

Ironman's writeup about "foam cell" really has me thinking, "hmmm, is it really that much better to be worth it?" I mean, if we're going go into the wilderness with this regular for years to come I figure might as well get the best.

btw, drove my new GX home from Ontario CA today (I'm the one who emailed you this week). I'll post it up here soon.

The Eibach kit is the standard "Eibach Pro Lift Kit" for the GX. I purchased from Rogue Offroad, but there are a bunch of retailers who sell it. I think it's heavily backordered right now. Check with Peak Suspension, Yotamafia, etc. (Just google the kit and start emailing retailers.)

So far I dig it. The street manners are solid — a little stiffer than stock, but in a good way IMO. For my offroad purposes, it's been great. I'm not into rock crawling or anything, just wanted a mild lift for general overlanding, etc.

Congrats on the new purchase! Not sure which of the folks who have emailed match up to your username, but feel free to give a shout and connect the dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom