03 Sequoia wonky fuel gauge. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought an 03 Sequoia and I got to experience my first gremlin. Anyone have an issue with the fuel gauge suddenly dropping to E and the warning light coming on only to have it go back to normal shortly there after? I read about it on some other websites and no one had any real answers or solutions. I appreciate any insight.

My wife once had an '03 Sequoia, and I had an '04 Tundra. Basically the same. Both fuel guages acted asses all the time. Dealership said it was a fluke and that it shouldn't happen again. The Sequioa started after one of those brushless carwashes that spray the underbody and mine did it all the time. Especailly on cold mornings. Somehow related to moisture.

Sorry, but that probably doesn't help.

My 03 Tundra has always done that when it rains a lot, worse when its cold and rainy

I haven't had that issue on my 04, but the light doesn't always come on when it is low.

My '03 Sequoia does the same thing, stop and fill up the tank and it works fine again. I saw a tv show that said to use BG44K to clean up the sending unit in the tank. I might try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom