2003 Sequoia SR5 Boost Gauge Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear Sequoia Forum,

I installed this Boost gauge under the key ring slot of my 2003 Toyota Sequoia SR5. See photo.

However I'm having an issue where I connected the 1/4 in rubber hose to what I thought was a vacuum line but there's not enough pressure.

In the attached photos, I've labeled the various lines - can someone tell me which one of these is the correct one to hook up to?

Thanks

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5453.jpg

@algtrader The first picture A is a fuel pressure damper/regulator.
The others look like part of the evap system.

The big question is Why? You obviously don't have a supercharger. Are you running a turbocharger? Boost gauges don't work on Vacuum, they work on manifold pressure. You have to have Positive pressure to operate a boost gauge. You don't have that unless you're running either a some sort of forced air induction, either a supercharger or a turbocharger.

@algtrader The first picture A is a fuel pressure damper/regulator.
The others look like part of the evap system.

The big question is Why? You obviously don't have a supercharger. Are you running a turbocharger? Boost gauges don't work on Vacuum, they work on manifold pressure. You have to have Positive pressure to operate a boost gauge. You don't have that unless you're running either a some sort of forced air induction, either a supercharger or a turbocharger.
hi @LandCruisinMy93 ,
First of all, thank you for the response. Ih8mud is one of the best forums and people are very knowledgeable. Yes you are right - boost gauges are used with superchargers. The one I have is a boost gauge although I think they're synonymous with a vacuum gauge? I'm old school, vacuum gauges are used with old cars too and I use mine as a 'Economy' gauge - keeping my eye on them to let my foot off the gas pedal with the least vacuum reading for fuel economy.
I tapped the line with the fuel pressure damper and the gauge didn't work, which is why I'm asking which hose is the manifold vacuum line. I have a '03 Land Rover which the manifold line is clearly visible and installed a boost gauge quite nicely. Thanks for your help!

hi @LandCruisinMy93 ,
First of all, thank you for the response. Ih8mud is one of the best forums and people are very knowledgeable. Yes you are right - boost gauges are used with superchargers. The one I have is a boost gauge although I think they're synonymous with a vacuum gauge? I'm old school, vacuum gauges are used with old cars too and I use mine as a 'Economy' gauge - keeping my eye on them to let my foot off the gas pedal with the least vacuum reading for fuel economy.
I tapped the line with the fuel pressure damper and the gauge didn't work, which is why I'm asking which hose is the manifold vacuum line. I have a '03 Land Rover which the manifold line is clearly visible and installed a boost gauge quite nicely. Thanks for your help!
If you're going for a vacuum gauge that makes more sense and any line of proper size coming directly off of the intake manifold should suffice. Just make sure whichever line you chose, that it doesn't go to the brake booster.

Last edited:
Replaced the vacuum/boost gauge with a Vacuum only gauge. See photo. From this forum, I got comments that the combo vacuum/boost gauge didn't make sense since I didn't really have a turbo on my vehicle. I just planned to read the gauge and use it as a fuel economy indicator. Through this forum, I got help on where to 'T' off the vacuum hose at the intake manifold. Thanks guys!

IMG_5502.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom