4x4Labs Rear Bumper - pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

esh

Threads
Website
www.cascadecruisers.com
Got this on last weekend and thought I'd share. It's a very nicely built and stout bumper and the carrier items are meant to be modular. Not sure of all the items available, but I know there is a tire carrier, ladder w/hi-lift mount, jerry can, cooler, and a new bike carrier. The 80 series will be very similar and is debuting at a trade show they'll be at the weekend of Sept. 10.

Got a few pics of the process of installation and then some final ones at home. My frame is a bit tweaked from an apparently unreported accident from a PO so it took a little extra persuasion to get things on. The rear cross member is removed and the 5 holes that include the 3 crossmember and 2 body mount rivets are used, as are 3 stock holes in the bottom of the frame (2 for the hook and 1 other).

You can see 4x4Labs sliders in some of the shots too. Need to put back the extra OME leafs back on the pack now. :beer:

0000.jpg

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0005.jpg

9058-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9066-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9067-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9070-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9076-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9082-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9085-4x4labsbumper.jpg

9089-4x4labsbumper.jpg

That id definately some hot s***!!! How much did that beast set you back?

:beer:

Looks Great. does it make any noise when off roading?

Now there's a rig I can love. 4X4 bumper and check out that Hannibal rack/tent and awning.

GREAT pics too. Hey, what about those rocker skids?????

Good on you Mr..

TB

Damn! that is awsome! I've been wanting to make me a tire carrier like that one.

Is that enough quarter protection, do you think?

whare'd you get the 4 wheel drive shirt? I want one

nice! yeah I am sure this was a preatty penny. I love seeing new ideas for bumpers. If I ever get a wleder and learn how to weld. Ohh there is always something.

Looks great Ken! So it made your rear springs a little lower?

Mitch

Excellent design! What does it weigh? And what ARB rear springs were you running before?

Ditto SCJ006 - think 4X4LABS missed an opportunity to tie the quarter protection to the frame in front. Looks like it might get jammed against the quarter or ripped out without it.

2BADFJS - Jim, are you looking? My slider project is growing: think I've seen the answer for quarter protection, rear AND front!

As for the shirt, anyone could take a pic of the rear badge & have it screen-printed, no problem. But what goes on the front - same thing only smaller on the left side? Or the old tri-star from the rear hub caps?

cosmo said:
whare'd you get the 4 wheel drive shirt? I want one

That's Luke sporting the shirt. Gary (Waggoneer5) and his wife were selling those shirts at Cruise moab. The Mrs. told me they had 300 of them so you might PM and see if they have any left.

That bumper is sweet. No one is doing metal work for Land Cruisers as nice as Luke Porter. It's also big fun to visit the shop and see all the cool projects underway, like the strech limo FJ55 or the Stout pick up converted to FJ60 running gear.

Cruiserdrew said:
It's also big fun to visit the shop and see all the cool projects underway, like the strech limo FJ55 or the Stout pick up converted to FJ60 running gear.

That is sooo funny, I have been thinking about how cool a 55 limo would be for years! Glad someone can make it happen...lol I don't have the means lol

we need pics of that!

Nice rear protection - love it -

My 60 rear is by Stout but blocks the rear tail lights -

Need one of those shirts!

lessee

The bumper is $$- about as much as an 80 series similar bumper after powdercoating.

The rear quarter panel plate is tied into the frame toward the front of the plate via a very beefy bracket using the body mount nut. I don't think it would move anyways, but this gives it just a bit more stiffening up there.

tshirts covered, wish I would've gotten orange too. (Luke is pictured there)

I'm running OME Heavy springs with the extra leaf removed. After I unloaded the rear cargo area of all my recovery/truck/camping gear the suspension levelled off. Usually with the tent/rack still on it has a pretty good rake.

The bumper makes no noise when offroading. Leaving for home we camped at Upper Lake Sardine in the Sierras off Gold Lake Road. There's a little ledge road that has a few good rocks in it and we didn't notice a rattle at all. The hi-lift will need a bungee around the handle, but otherwise should be silent.

Time will tell on if that plate protects the quarters enough. That truck is mainly for expedition stuff, so I don't usually get it into spots that will test it much. I have a couple other cruisers for more difficult runs. This truck is really nothing special mechanical-wise. It is unlocked and only has the OME lift. It did Fins&Things, Hell's Revenge in Moab, and the McGrew Trail in S. Oregon in 2wd- I was seeing if I could do it on McGrew as a challenge, and in Moab I had one of the birfs out because I screwed up a front spindle. So in stock(ish) form it's performed very well and seems capable for easy to moderate stuff.

Luke's Toyota Stout pickup has a full link suspension, is getting Dana 70 axles and lord knows how big of an engine. He keeps building it when time allows so who knows where it'll end up.

The tools in his shop let him do this kind of work by hand. He has a nice collection of tools and knows how to use them. He enjoys it and his work shows. He's always building more function and a touch of style into most the things I saw in there.

Cheers- Ken

Last edited:
Woooouu dude .. ! that's a very very beauty peace of art .. wou .. ! I'm very impresed, is a really short rear bumper, but functional and beauty ...

Huuuumm if I can, how much . ?

Congrats, look nice, very very nice.

Which of the sliders did you get from Luke, the set that requires body work or the others?

The sliders are these (that's his truck, not mine)-

0029.jpg

You can see them on a couple shots above.

They are welded to the frame and require no modifications.

Looks great!

Luke is a great guy, and makes awsome products.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom