Orion T-case, are the bugs out? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search, but found no info on "a fix". Sounds like popping out of gear may or may not be the fault of the Orion. How about the seal installation and the excessive metal in the oil.
Is it truly a replacement t-case, no adapters, no cutting for the shifter and so on.

Thanks, :rolleyes:
Jeff 76/40

jeffxlh said:
Is it truly a replacement t-case, no adapters, no cutting for the shifter and so on. Thanks, Jeff 76/40

Yes it is, and the five of the eight that I have built that are in service work fine, and do not have any metal in the oil, nor do they pop out of gear. Should have two more installed in the next month or so...

Good luck!

-Steve

check and see what treeroot did to fix all his problems...i drove his the other night and it worked fine...never shoulda driven it...now i want one :frown:

i cant wait till i get mine!!!! there are some j**ps that i am going to tear apart with that!! hehe

nuclearlemon said:
check and see what treeroot did to fix all his problems...i drove his the other night and it worked fine...never shoulda driven it...now i want one :frown:

Can have one ready to go when you get here...

Will not be pink either. :)

Visa/Master/Discover/CASH!

:beer:

Poser said:
Can have one ready to go when you get here...

Will not be pink either. :)

Visa/Master/Discover/CASH!

:beer:
dammit steve!!! don't tempt me like that!!!

Poser said:
Yes it is, and the five of the eight that I have built that are in service work fine, and do not have any metal in the oil, nor do they pop out of gear. Should have two more installed in the next month or so...
Good luck!
-Steve

Steve, I'll take this to mean that you've built eight and put five of those into service. The remaining three are as yet uninstalled and therefore untested. Is that right?
Also, what have you learned in all of those assembly experiences that you can pass along to us as hints toward a successful and troublefree installation and use of the Orion box?

And, what's the total to get one off your shelf?

honk said:
Steve, I'll take this to mean that you've built eight and put five of those into service. The remaining three are as yet uninstalled and therefore untested. Is that right?
Also, what have you learned in all of those assembly experiences that you can pass along to us as hints toward a successful and troublefree installation and use of the Orion box?

And, what's the total to get one off your shelf?

Yea, what he said :) :) :)

I'll second that!! (Third?) I'll have $ soon. Orion is high on the list!!

Have any H41s?

if i was going orion i would run an h42- its a better street tranny and with the 4:1 low you would have enuff crawl

rogersfj401969 said:
if i was going orion i would run an h42- its a better street tranny and with the 4:1 low you would have enuff crawl

I would have to respectfully disagree with this statement. The two that I have installed into 40 series, one with 36” Swampers and an F engine, the other with a V8 and 33’s both perform fine on and off road. First gear is not too deep for either combo, and can be used on road. Granted, there is less acceleration with the deeper first gear, but that is of little significance. Besides, if you are going through having a transfer case built, now would be the perfect time to install one of these transmissions. Rework is a waste of money, but mostly TIME. Further, how many people stay with the tire size that they are currently running, and do not go larger? I have not found that to be very common. The 20:1 difference in gearing will be found as a shortfall with larger tires off road.

To each their own.

Good luck!

-Steve

Poser said:
I would have to respectfully disagree with this statement. The two that I have installed into 40 series, one with 36” Swampers and an F engine, the other with a V8 and 33’s both perform fine on and off road. First gear is not too deep for either combo, and can be used on road. Granted, there is less acceleration with the deeper first gear, but that is of little significance. Besides, if you are going through having a transfer case built, now would be the perfect time to install one of these transmissions. Rework is a waste of money, but mostly TIME. Further, how many people stay with the tire size that they are currently running, and do not go larger? I have not found that to be very common. The 20:1 difference in gearing will be found as a shortfall with larger tires off road.

To each their own.

Good luck!

-Steve
Why would anyone want tires bigger than 33's???

mine runs fine. but may break anytime like anything else. I would seriously consider getting the bad ass nose cone from A/A and the 32 spline rear output if you do. At SEMA they were gonna be like 2,300.00. for the HD fully assembled unit IIRC...

If they're gonna sell them turnkey, I think they should provide the option of speedo and disk brake ebrake. At present, it doesn't even look like they could be added.

I have one in a box. I wish it was already installed. Does anyone have any pointers as far as putting it together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom