My rattly window fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my cruiser when the window's in the front were rolled down a little the top edge would slant forward. The first inch or two it was most obvious, the bottom rear of the window was in the channel, but the top rear edge was not seated in the door glass run.
The manual called for making sure both the front of the glass and the rear were equal distances from the top when rolled down slightly, Mine were not, the front of the glass sat lower than the rear.
Well on the window regulator there is an arm called the equalizer arm, you adjust the window here.
One side of the arm has just a hole, the other side of the arm has an elongated hole to allow it to move up and down.
I put a light downward preasure onto the adjustable side of the arm and tieghtened the small bolt.
It pulled the top rear of the window back into the glass run, be careful as the small bolts appear to be brass or? I guess so you don't strip the expensive parts.

Well it still goes up and down perfect, only now it does not rattle when on the road. Large bumps and my graded street will make it rattle, but a couple hundred miles of road with the window just an inch or so down and it is now almost rattle free. :D
I even went off road this weekend and the window did great. Not a 100% fix but it cost me nothing and now I don't have to overheat when other folks are in the rig.
Just my experiance.
Steven

Great Job Steve, I see a mini FAQ of its own right here! I look forward to this fix on my rig too, up till now I've just made sure I roll the window down at least two to three inches that way no rattle but sometimes I just want the window slightly open and then it rattle tat tats all the way and drives me nuts. Right on! :cheers:

BTW, is it still right to say "roll the window down" ??? Things that make you go "Hmmm????"

Great post. I was in there today and didn't realize it was possible to adjust that nut.
Looks like I'll get back in tomorrow as I hate the window rattle.

guess i know what i'm doing next weekend:cheers:

Great post. My driver side window deflector fell off the other day which exposed the gap described. After hearing my wife complain about the noise, I ended up making some effort to put the broken deflector back on. Never thought the window was "adjustable".

good to know, this has been bugging me since I took the limo tint off the fronts, I'll be getting back in there and doing this and all my window contacts so the back ones :censor: work at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom