Rhino coating or Line-X??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.turkinc.com
Was thinking of coating the inside of my 40 and was wondering which one is better?
I heard a lot of people are using the Line-x but not sure if that is a better product or not.. Plus it is about a four hour drive to get that done...

Last I knew, Rhino linings were UV sensitive and would oxidize. Line-X advertizes it is the only one sprayed on hot. Not really why that would matter but....

I think I am going with Line-X when I get everything else done.

Neither, None of the spray in shops will do a good prep job or remove what needs to be removed. Do it yourself with spray in or roll herculiner. Better, longerlasting final product.

I Rhino-Lined my last cruiser and loved it, I will be doing it again in my new one. I have seen other products, for example morton, and others that I don't know the name of. I am still most impressed with Rhino.

I plan on using Durabak bedliner. It is a doit your self bed liner aswell. I want to do my entire cruiser inside and out. I talked to a rep. of Rhino linnenig and they said it would cost $3000 to $3500. :flipoff2: Way out of my budget for a sudo pant job. I can cover the whole cruiser better and the way I truly want it done with three gallons from Duabak for less than 400. :D

I had a professional spray my cruiser inside(from up under the firewall back to rear door) and underneath(firewall all ghe way back), he charged me $650. It turned out perfect.

I have a friend down here with a Rhino-lined 40. All surfaces. It has held up well in the sun-- was parked outside for a few years.

If it can hold up to a few seasons by the beach in Costa Rica, it'll probably last a while in whatever UV you have.

All in all it kinda comes down to preferance. I like Rhino because ive had good experiences with it in the past. Some people have probably had a bad experience with a spray in shop, thus the do it yourselfers. Only experience will tell you what you really want, but for most aplications a spray in should be fine. If you want perfection, do it yourself.

Has anyone used the do-it-yourself Herculiner?

I had my PU Rhinolined and it holds up great but it does fade to flat black (buy stock in Armor-all;) Is anyone worried about trapping moisture and future rot??

I had the bed of my Taco in Line-X, and was extremely happy with it.

I wouldn't worry about trapping moisture, as long as the prep work is done right. I'll echo what I've already read here, from what I've heard the prep work is the most important part.
-Matt

I have seen Rhino delaminate due to bad prep. I've owned LineX in the past three trucks of mine but never again. It's the textured non-skid surface that irritates me. It is a mud magnet and a serious PITA to keep clean. I have considered the smooth DurabaK (no rubber particles) or the POR 15 Products but am still undecided. I think the durabak in a 1/4" coat will drop the noise like a good thick coat of rhino without the UV problems but I'll need to put it over Eastwood or rust Bullit rather than POR 2 part .

Prep,Prep,and more Prep...

I like durabak. but whatever you use do the prep yourself. work your ass off on it

(prep),and you'll have the best results.....good luck

I've used Herculiner. Painted the entire outside of my Pig with it. Found some on sale at Kragen. Spent a weekend rolling it on. Works great. Only peeled off when I backed into a tree and did some trail-side quarter panel modification. Patches up real easy too.
Sure it fades in the sun and holds old mud forever. That doesn't bother me a bit.

I completely rolled my fj40 with Durabak with UV protection. Herculiner is Durabak under the herculiner name, it took 4 gallon`s to do it all, and the frame. Plus Durabak has a big variety of color`s, just do a web search and you will find them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom