What is This Part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was working on my truck today and saw this broken line, can someone please help me with the name/part# of the fitting that is broke? Thanks, I looked around and was unable to figure it out.

Thanks a bunch!
LX450 Fitting Broke.jpg

I was working on my truck today and saw this broken line, can someone please help me with the name/part# of the fitting that is broke? Thanks, I looked around and was unable to figure it out.

Thanks a bunch!View attachment 3615822
Here is what I found on PartSouq, but it refers to another figure that I can't find.
LX450 Fitting Broke 2.jpg

I don;t even need to look anymore. gas filter.....
was I right?

My 94 Toyota LC has 2 hoses coming out of the "gas filter" was there a change in later years?

When I install this "gas filter" part, does it need any type of sealant on the threads? Teflon tape, gasket material?
It appears to have a tapered thread and I can't find anything in the FSM regarding it, so I would say nothing is required.

My 94 Toyota LC has 2 hoses coming out of the "gas filter" was there a change in later years?
Here's an explanation in a post many years ago from a member no longer active:

".. That's a dampened vacuum source for the Fuel Pressure Regulator. IIRC on the double port 'gas filter' on the AFM trucks, it also feeds vacuum to the PAIR valve.

It's dampened to soften sudden changes in throttle position vs fuel pressure. Although the engine can run with FPR open to atmosphere, that vacuum source is critical for proper fuel regulation. It's the primary source of calculated engine "load" in the EFI system tables. Fix or replace."

When I install this "gas filter" part, does it need any type of sealant on the threads? Teflon tape, gasket material?

Negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom