Front Seat Controls electrical issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm totally stumped and could use some help. I've been trying to get my front seat controls to work. They were acting up, but I could still get things like the lumbar to work. I took the switch control module out and worked on it a bit, put it back together and when I reinstalled I heard some electrical sparks when plugging it back in. Then when checking it, there was no power at all. I checked all the dash panel fuses, and nothing wrong there, but I swapped out the 30A fuse anyway just in case. Still no power to the seat controls. I finally broke down and just ordered a brand new seat control module, and I just installed it and still absolutely no power to the seat. Using a multi -meter, the only power I can find is on the green wire, which I'm pretty sure is just the seat belt buckle indicator. There are 5 wires on the pin from the truck, but only three male pins on the seat side connector. Does anyone have any idea of where else there may be a fuse l blew, or other reasons I'm getting no power to the seat?

PXL_20240419_180215656~2.jpg

PXL_20240419_180225706.jpg

PXL_20240419_175903086.jpg

I'm totally stumped and could use some help. I've been trying to get my front seat controls to work. They were acting up, but I could still get things like the lumbar to work. I took the switch control module out and worked on it a bit, put it back together and when I reinstalled I heard some electrical sparks when plugging it back in. Then when checking it, there was no power at all. I checked all the dash panel fuses, and nothing wrong there, but I swapped out the 30A fuse anyway just in case. Still no power to the seat controls. I finally broke down and just ordered a brand new seat control module, and I just installed it and still absolutely no power to the seat. Using a multi -meter, the only power I can find is on the green wire, which I'm pretty sure is just the seat belt buckle indicator. There are 5 wires on the pin from the truck, but only three male pins on the seat side connector. Does anyone have any idea of where else there may be a fuse l blew, or other reasons I'm getting no power to the seat?
I'm not following here. The 1994 and 1996 Toyota EWD along with a picture of a seat control switch from Partsouq shows the seat control module, part number 84922-60020, with a 12 pin connector.
There is nothing related to seat belt warning on those connectors or modules.
The connector you pictured is 6 pin.

1713614881388.png

1713614935326.png

1713614784395.png

Last edited:
OK, you're holding connector Bc1 (FLOOR NO. 1 WIRE AND SEAT NO. 1 WIRE).
Constant +12 on pin 1 from the 30 amp FL POWER fuse (blue/black stripe)
Ground on pin 3 (white/black stripe)
Ignition ON +12 on pin 2 (green) Seat belt warning relay. +12 from GAUGE fuse.

1713616118456.png

Last edited:
Using a multi -meter, the only power I can find is on the green wire, which I'm pretty sure is just the seat belt buckle indicator
As shown below, if you're not seeing constant +12 on pin 1 of connector Bc1, then the 30 amp FL POWER fuse, 50 amp AM1 fuse, and fusible link AM1 are suspect.

1713789065761.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom