Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some ordered and received 6112/5160 set within the week from Shockwarehouse. I went with the newer rear spring 220lbs/in? Now to get installed.

IMG_3871.jpeg
bilstein in the wet

Guys, I only made it to page 20 but I definitely want to go with the Blistens. Like most my only real consideration is rear springs. I have a 21 HE that doubles as my daily and light overlanding vehicle. My plans are Slee formed sliders and Slee Skids. I will never have more than 300 lbs in the rear and only pull a light trailer to the dump 3-4 times a year.

I’m probably in the minority but I prefer the current forward stock rake but want more height and body motion control. Will leaving the front in lvl 1 basically give the same stock rake with the Blisten rear springs? Maybe go up to 2?

Guys, I only made it to page 20 but I definitely want to go with the Blistens. Like most my only real consideration is rear springs. I have a 21 HE that doubles as my daily and light overlanding vehicle. My plans are Slee formed sliders and Slee Skids. I will never have more than 300 lbs in the rear and only pull a light trailer to the dump 3-4 times a year.

I’m probably in the minority but I prefer the current forward stock rake but want more height and body motion control. Will leaving the front in lvl 1 basically give the same stock rake with the Blisten rear springs? Maybe go up to 2?

I have rake on mine

That said the rear on standard bilstein is stiff. wife/kids, others all mention it being stiff when unloaded in rear

i cant imagine how stiff if HD rear

Yes which perch and which rear spring set?

where is everyone buying their bilstein lifts these days? does anyone offer fully assembled front sets? there was one site linked here but it was always out of stock. Would love to just swap out my stock fronts with a pre assembled set to make it easier

That looks awesome! Which perch did you decide to with in the front?
Thanks, I love it and we got hammered in Colorado with snow this week. 31 inches at my house the LC was perfect out and about driving around. I didn’t install it, but they said the front went up 2.2 inches. I think that’s perch 3 because I had 2.6 and 3 left to go. I only went up an inch in the back. Rides great.

where is everyone buying their bilstein lifts these days? does anyone offer fully assembled front sets? there was one site linked here but it was always out of stock. Would love to just swap out my stock fronts with a pre assembled set to make it easier
I bought mine at 4WP cost and install was just shy of 2 grand. No complaints here…

I used Shockwarehouse, very fast delivery, good price.

Thanks, I love it and we got hammered in Colorado with snow this week. 31 inches at my house the LC was perfect out and about driving around. I didn’t install it, but they said the front went up 2.2 inches. I think that’s perch 3 because I had 2.6 and 3 left to go. I only went up an inch in the back. Rides great.
Great looking rig, and exactly what I am going after.

I had the same combo (without the rear springs) installed at 4WP yesterday as well. Front went from 20" to 22" and rear from 20" to 21" (measured from center of rim to bottom of fender); effectively eliminating any back to front rake, which I preferred to retain.

The research I'd done on here and elsewhere implied that keeping the front 6112s on the lowest perch would retain near factory rake when combined with 5160 rear and factory springs. Thus, I'd asked the gents at 4WP who did the install to place on the lowest rake to accommodate the tires and keep the rake.

I'm curious to achieve the back to front rake I desire if (1) the front will really settle a full 1" or more after 500 miles, (2) I take it back to see if there really is a lower perch, or (3) purchase and install rear springs or spacers and keep the 2" all-around lift.

IMG_9005.jpg

IMG_9004.jpg

I had the same combo (without the rear springs) installed at 4WP yesterday as well. Front went from 20" to 22" and rear from 20" to 21" (measured from center of rim to bottom of fender); effectively eliminating any back to front rake, which I preferred to retain.

The research I'd done on here and elsewhere implied that keeping the front 6112s on the lowest perch would retain near factory rake when combined with 5160 rear and factory springs. Thus, I'd asked the gents at 4WP who did the install to place on the lowest rake to accommodate the tires and keep the rake.

I'm curious to achieve the back to front rake I desire if (1) the front will really settle a full 1" or more after 500 miles, (2) I take it back to see if there really is a lower perch, or (3) purchase and install rear springs or spacers and keep the 2" all-around lift.
@JRATX - To confirm, you leveraged the 3rd perch or 1 perch to achieve this lift? Thanks for sharing the rear shocks with stock springs raised the back by 1 inch.

View attachment 3584042

View attachment 3584043
I spent months on this thread reading everything, and looking at all pics .. even till last day I wanted what you have.

However what bothered me on a no rake is.. if you look at the front gap looks huge and rear gap looks tiny between wheel and fenderwell. That didn't sit well with me (for my truck, ymmv). Which is why I went with the rake on mine.. its less than factory, but on my Bilstein rake, it looks even, the front and rear tire gap to fender.

I spent months on this thread reading everything, and looking at all pics .. even till last day I wanted what you have.

However what bothered me on a no rake is.. if you look at the front gap looks huge and rear gap looks tiny between wheel and fenderwell. That didn't sit well with me (for my truck, ymmv). Which is why I went with the rake on mine.. its less than factory, but on my Bilstein rake, it looks even, the front and rear tire gap to fender.
Exactly my reaction to what I currently have, @ryanCA.

So to achieve the back to front rake you have, did you install rear springs or spring spacer? I guess the idea is just to raise it an equal amount all around in order to achieve factory rake at any height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom