Banks PedalMonster Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been on the fence about buying a pedal commander for a long time, not only the LC, but also when I had my 4Runners. My biggest hangup is the design and the chance that the unit could fail resulting in loss of power. Last month, I was browsing the Tunder forum and noticed a couple of threads about the Banks PedalMonster and started researching their product. The following statement addressing the design and my trust in the Banks brand made buying their device a no-brainer.

PedalMonster’s patented ActiveSafety features include electro-mechanical relays soldiered directly onto the board. A secondary ‘watchdog CPU’ constantly monitors the health of PedalMonster and seamlessly reverts the pedal to stock in the event of any internal or external power failure or abnormal signal.
Full overview by Banks:
pedalmonster-vs-pedal-commander-review

Installation was easy and took roughly 10 mins. I need to apply velcro tape to the device and mount it somewhere less prone to water.

Driving - the throttle response is spot on and feels less mushy/lethargic. I've been driving around in City mode, switching to Sport, and avoiding Track. Dialing in the exact setting will take a little time, but overall, I'm really happy with the device. One random note, and I have no idea how, but the shifts feel more precise and the slow-rolling downshifts hit their mark without hesitation.

Land Cruiser PedalMonster 00.jpg

Land Cruiser PedalMonster 01.jpg

Land Cruiser PedalMonster 02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom