Stock height springs for an FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a complete stock suspension for an 81 FJ60? I want to go through and replace everything (springs, shocks, bushings, shackles, etc) on mine, but I don't want to lift it.

We do BUT we are working through a couple hitches in the kit. I think we'll have them shipping again in the next week or two.

EDIT: SOLD

Selling the stock height leafs I bought (fronts from SD, rears from General Spring.) Part #s: 90-105 rears, 90-102 fronts. Five-leaf fronts, six-leaf rears. These are an exact fit to the OEM springs. Bought these new because I wanted to keep my 1983 FJ60 at stock height, but later changed course and bought Dobinsons with a lift.

Brand new front and rear Spectre Off Road axle bolts I can include.

Asking $650 USD for the set of four. Willing to ship but buyer pays shipping, FedEx or Purolator.
EDIT: SOLD

Here's some pix with the Dobinsons installed, and one of the spring set for sale.

View attachment 3128573

View attachment 3128574

View attachment 3128575

View attachment 3128577

View attachment 3128572

Are the pictures of your truck with the Dobinsons with 5 leafs in front and 6 leafs in rear? Did you notice any height change? If so, how much? What size wheel and tire are pictured? Did you do any axle angle shims? Which springs did your remove from the spring pack? Third one down from longest to shortest? Thanks for the additional details.

Edit: @Dekeman just rear your reply to Rusty and Dusty(?), which answered most of my questions above (except whether you used shims). Were the shackles anti-inversion three-bar type or normal two-bar type? Were they extended shackles or stock length? I am running 31s too and would like to get a height similar to your trucks'. Do you happen to have the Spector shackle part numbers? Thanks!

Last edited:
@FirstFJ60 Shocks I used are posted with a link to them earlier in the thread. @garfieldthecat pretty sure the part numbers to the shackles are in the photos I posted earlier. They were stock height, not extended or anti-inversion. They've been good, but if doing over I might go with the Dobinson shackles only because they come with nipple shrouds. Not that I need that but beefier for sure.

Recent pic of the truck now that it has settled a little. New rims but still on 31s.

IMG_0771.jpg

@FirstFJ60 Shocks I used are posted with a link to them earlier in the thread. @garfieldthecat pretty sure the part numbers to the shackles are in the photos I posted earlier. They were stock height, not extended or anti-inversion. They've been good, but if doing over I might go with the Dobinson shackles only because they come with nipple shrouds. Not that I need that but beefier for sure.

Recent pic of the truck now that it has settled a little. New rims but still on 31s.

View attachment 3579268
Thanks for that @Dekeman I'll read back on the thread. And thanks for letting us know that the Dobinson's shackles would be your preference today. Great looking truck!

We are super happy with this kit.

The truck sits at a very nice level with stock tire size and it rides very nice with new suspension components.

Some slight changes need to happen with later 60 and 62 vehicles in the rear; spoke with @cruiseroutfit today and he was super receptive to my suggestions for additions/changes to the kit to make it PnP for the DIY or professional shop user.

Great to have an option for folks who love the classic look of a 6x series using Japanese parts and OEM components/parts suppliers.

IMG_0124.png

IMG_0123.png

That looks great @OGBeno and thank you for the suggestion and Kit advice, always appreciates!

One of our other stock Japanese suspension customers ( @dmc ) stopped by today for some goodies.

1711142686495.png

He's extremely happy with how it rides and handles with the new suspension :cool:

We'll be rebuilding my 60 as close to stock as possible. So what would those parts set me back? :)

I'm away from the sales office for the day but they are there for another half-hour and could get right back to you with a price:

These 60s with the new springs look like they’re riding about 1 inch higher than the true Toyota stance when the 60s rolled out of the factory in the 80’s.
This is a good thing.
The stock springs were very low. A brand new 60/62 on the dealership lot only had about 1/2” downward travel on the front springs before hitting the bump stop.
I measured one (at the dealership) in 1988.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom