HELP - 04 Engine Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here a wrecked rig with 77k miles. Not sure how much I’d trust that 77k, but might be worth calling them. 13.5k seems high, but ..

Here a wrecked rig with 77k miles. Not sure how much I’d trust that 77k, but might be worth calling them. 13.5k seems high, but ..
If you are interested in selling the the rig let me know. Send me pics of it inside / out.

Tex

If you are interested in selling the the rig let me know. Send me pics of it inside / out.

Tex
To help a follow cruiser owner, used 150k 200k engines run wrecking yard pull outs 1800-2000 bucks. I see in my local area in Texas.

Then there is labor, and extra parts …

I have pulled my engine myself. It’s a job but doable to fix an oil leak in front and back.

These engines normally run hi mileage if you don’t overheat them and keep the air filter / oil changed.
I went to 635 miles to pickup a pull out 04 engine from a Sequoia rusted out truck 112600 miles.

Used engines are out there if you have the time and a shop to work with.

If in Texas it’s 15 hr labor to most likely exchange one. 1500 bucks labor and no warranty on the engine if you found one to install. I don’t know where you are … ect.

Ok, good luck

Tex

To help a follow cruiser owner, used 150k 200k engines run wrecking yard pull outs 1800-2000 bucks. I see in my local area in Texas.

Then there is labor, and extra parts …

I have pulled my engine myself. It’s a job but doable to fix an oil leak in front and back.

These engines normally run hi mileage if you don’t overheat them and keep the air filter / oil changed.
I went to 635 miles to pickup a pull out 04 engine from a Sequoia rusted out truck 112600 miles.

Used engines are out there if you have the time and a shop to work with.

If in Texas it’s 15 hr labor to most likely exchange one. 1500 bucks labor and no warranty on the engine if you found one to install. I don’t know where you are … ect.

Ok, good luck

Tex
Also, if you go down this road to exchange the engine, replace the Ts and every coolant hose on the truck to not overheat one again. My 99 had 17 pressure coolant hoses … I changed plus a new radiator to avoid just your situation.

Good luck, let know if I can help.

I would be interested in buying your rig if you decide to sell it.

Tex

Tex, It’s a local rig for sale on CL, not mine…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom