‘95 FZJ80 for Younger Drivers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to hear the endorsement. I was able to get all four installed with an oil change at $1,415 out the door. That’s a good bit cheaper than the bfgoodwrench ATs I was looking at.
Make sure they didn't install a WIX or NAPA Gold oil filter.

Find someone with a stock rig and trade them for there stock springs.
Lifted 80s should not be in the hands of young loved one !!
No way I would have let my kids drive that the way it is.
JMHO

Last edited:
A few issues known:
  • Steering shimmy fixed with new tires
  • Service engine light
  • No rear bumper
  • Heat blows cold climate control is backwards. Blue is heat. More investigation later
  • Rust holes in rear of truck patch panels installed(not show quality)
  • Driver/passenger seats don’t move forward or backward - gamiviti gears installed on driver side
  • After a few min of driving the O/D off light blinks
blinking OD light is telling you an issue is in play with the transmission - take note of how many blinks it does, ie 3 quick ones followed by a pause etc and then research the FSM to determine what it is

Anyway... I'm not sure I'd pick a lifted rig for a younger driver, but you could do worse. Better for a daughter than a son, at least it's less likely to roll over whipping cookies in someone's field! My perspective might be polluted by the fact that I was a total savage at that age.
Right. Friend of mine had a stock suspension 80 for their kids as they went through HS. First one did fine and graduated. Second one managed to roll it in a roundabout! It was winter though, so possibly ice was a factor. I don't know.

What's wrong with letting them drive the 40?
View attachment 3529154

After looking at that wadded up piece of bubble gum (what was that anyway?), I wouldn't let my kids near it either!
LOL

I trust she was O.K.
Haha for sure. The 40 wouldn’t work for them. No power steering, very sloppy steering box, super slow, manual transmission, no airbags or anti lock brakes and currently pulling farm duty here so I don’t want the top and doors on it right now.

blinking OD light is telling you an issue is in play with the transmission - take note of how many blinks it does, ie 3 quick ones followed by a pause etc and then research the FSM to determine what it is
Looks like just a single blink every 3 or four seconds. I don’t have an FSM. Isn’t there a downloadable fsm somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom