Did you ride today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4 day bike trip into the deserts of America where we can be free, we can love, we can engage as real humans fully escaped.

IMG_3184.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_9708.jpeg

IMG_0223.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

Hard to follow up that sunset shot! :D I went for a gray ride around the city. It was actually the perfect temp and the legs felt great. Great ride all around. Found this cool plaque for the madman who came up with the floating bridge crossing Lake Washington. :)

Hadley.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to learn to give it week after a storm. The divide tends to blow +10” more that what is usually posted in total snowfall. I’m ready for some nice groomed, hard pack. So much more fun if you can stay in the pack at speed.
Got out and used the slower ride to scout camp spots and raise the bars a spacer to reduce arm pump
IMG_5730.png

Tried out some 45NRTH boots I absolutely love.
IMG_5731.png

Must be why no one was out…
IMG_5726.png

Got invited to a friend’s ranch for the weekend to ride, eat and engage with other super interesting people at the base of the Dos Cabezas and Chiricahua Mountains…. Magical.

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

Then did some exploring around Patagonia on FR144…. nice steep climb heading towards the Santa Ritas….

IMG_0783.jpeg

I was going to ask you how often you ride to the wall. Is that where the feds stopped building and gave away all the 100’s of miles of material the tax payers bought for free? Sorry political rant over.
I’m jealous, the weather looks amazing there.

Yup. The wall ends at that picture of me riding and from there on for almost 30 miles it‘s just a fence that anyone can crawl through.

The issue is that no one does because it is so remote with no water or food for many brutal miles…. Pretty much for these people it is a death sentence — especially if they have been crawling and hiking through the Sonoran desert for many, many miles through Sinoloan cartel lands… It is not for the faint of heart. I feel for these people. There are lots of locations where the dead lie.

It’s a no man’s land and in all honesty it is not patrolled by BP except by remote sensing and drones. We have the highest percentage of drone usage by the BP on the southern border where I live. It’s video game land— drones, sensors, and remote observation to construct a network of surveillance.

Classic panopticon.

Classic panopticon.
New work of the day, had to look it up LOL. At least if you ever broke down 30 miles in and had an issue, it should make getting rescued much easier!! Nice work BTW, 50+ miles in the middle of a desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom