80 series Brake booster upgrade to HJ60 anyone done this exact thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a part number for that booster? I Think the FJ and the FZJ are different boosters. At least the research I have done suggests this. So are you guys that swapped 60 to 80 boosters are using FZJ correct?

Yeah I have those round forge articles bookmarked. They have fj and fzj as the same booster. Megazip has fj80 and the 60/62 the same part number. So if that is indeed true a 60 owner who "upgrades" their booster to an FJ80 booster did nothing to upgrade.
Reminds me of classified ads that say "Toyota straight axle" for sale. Like they are all the same. 90% of the time the axle is a mini truck. The 80 series booster upgrade is similar situation. I understand that fj80 is a blanket term for the 80, sure, but I would like to know what 60 owners are putting on there rigs.
I did a search and read a lot of articles here on mud and found nothing about which 80 booster everyone is upgrading.

Yeah I have those round forge articles bookmarked. They have fj and fzj as the same booster. Megazip has fj80 and the 60/62 the same part number. So if that is indeed true a 60 owner who "upgrades" their booster to an FJ80 booster did nothing to upgrade.
Reminds me of classified ads that say "Toyota straight axle" for sale. Like they are all the same. 90% of the time the axle is a mini truck. The 80 series booster upgrade is similar situation. I understand that fj80 is a blanket term for the 80, sure, but I would like to know what 60 owners are putting on there rigs.
I did a search and read a lot of articles here on mud and found nothing about which 80 booster everyone is upgrading.

Brake booster benefit is going from the single to dual diaphragm.

60 series had single diaphragm, 44610-60530

80’s had dual diaphragm. 44610-60620

City Racer makes a nice dual diaphragm replacement unit for 60 series.

Most people keep the MC and Booster matched to the vehicle they are from. Upgrading to tundra brakes or 5th Gen 4R. Most people upsize the MC to 1” and pair the matching Brake booster with that.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom