Help a member out (HAMO) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Shark

SILVER Star
Threads
I know this type of thing has been talked about in the club.

I really like how the Star City and CLCC guys come together and "wrench" together at a chosen location pretty regularly. One or many cruiser dudes. I'd like to see if we can get something like this off the ground. I would prefer not to call it a tech day as this is more about like minded folks coming together and lending a hand. We all have projects we are working on to some degree and all have different talents and having a hand or two or three would make it a great time. Some of us have garages, garages with lifts, paved driveways, unpaved driveways, etc. Doesn't matter that's what makes it fun. Link to the Star City guys below as to some of the stuff they had/have going on for reference. when I was a member of CLCC those boys also did a great job of this. Lets see what we can get going...

I might know a guy with a garage...we can talk about it at the next meeting. :)

Will be putting on rear shocks and springs on the hundy tomorrow if anyone is interested in popping over and lending a hand. Text me if you want to stop by. Im in Stratford Hills just south of the river off Powhite.

Got them installed. Yep @matzell they literally almost fell out on their own.

70638469277__595FD977-C1CD-4016-ADFF-754DB07F40CA.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG

Think it will be perfect once it settles a bit

That looks great!

Will be putting on rear shocks and springs on the hundy tomorrow if anyone is interested in popping over and lending a hand. Text me if you want to stop by. Im in Stratford Hills just south of the river off Powhite.

I would have helped if I was in town...hopefully no more traveling for me for a while.

I would have helped if I was in town...hopefully no more traveling for me for a while.
Appreciate the thought. Yeah, traveling can wear on a person

In the spirit of HAMO @captainva and I spent the better part of the day wrenching on our trucks. Repairs were made. Exhaust leak taken care of. Spring swap and t-bar adjustment. Worked on a t-stat issue and found some corrosion that may warrant a new housing and o-ring at a later date. Even got to adding back an air chuck on the arb twin. Oh and beers were drank! Good time. Thanks Ed!

@FamilyCamper and I will be working on our rigs tomorrow at my place. New radiator and an inner axle seal. If anyone else wants to pop in and help/supervise or work on something of yours. I have space for two more rigs in the driveway. Decent amount of tools to share if need be. Looking to get started around 8. Let me know if you are interested and I'll shoot you my address.

I will be watching King of the Hammers racing the next two weekends! and might get a little work on the 80 in between. Call if you get in a bind or need advise.

pretty productive day. 1. Radiator replaced 2. Fanclutch replaced 3. Inner axle seal replaced 4. Lower control arm mounts replaced 5. Stream light service light charger mounted and wired

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2129.jpeg
IMG_2133.jpeg
IMG_2132.jpeg
IMG_2134.jpeg
IMG_2131.jpeg
IMG_2123.jpeg

As you can see @FamilyCamper was pretty proud of a completely totally eff’d up cake up radiator

After @captainva and @FamilyCamper left my son I continued to fart around on things. Noticed earlier that some neighbors were working on a minivan. At some point a built 80 come down the street and I gave a wave and then see that they pulled in where these neighbors are working. A few hours goes by and I look up and the guy driving the 80 pulls up in front of the house and stops. We chat for a bit and exchange numbers. Hope to see this dude around. Matt nice to meet you

Something that struck me odd. As Matt was leaving he said I had not heard or known of BBRC. Interesting I thought.

Maybe we will see him and another one of his friends that he mentioned that drives a 100 at a club meet etc…

pretty productive day. 1. Radiator replaced 2. Fanclutch replaced 3. Inner axle seal replaced 4. Lower control arm mounts replaced 5. Stream light service light charger mounted and wired

View attachment 3543711View attachment 3543712View attachment 3543713View attachment 3543714View attachment 3543715View attachment 3543716View attachment 3543717
As you can see @FamilyCamper was pretty proud of a completely totally eff’d up cake up radiator
Good job guys. Be sure to check your two heater teas on the drivers side near the firewall, they get brittle and blow like the radiator. I like to do them at the same time.

Good job guys. Be sure to check your two heater teas on the drivers side near the firewall, they get brittle and blow like the radiator. I like to do them at the same time.
Done last week! Thank you! The one closest to the drivers side broke off in two places when pulling out the other was in decent shape.

If anyone wants to have a tech day Feb 10th, we can do something at my house. I may or may not have the lift clear, still need to get the lift on my 80. I figure a good time to make sure everyones box is ready for the camping trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom