Equivalent of McGeorge Toyota for the West coast / PNW? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ozarkmud

SILVER Star
Threads
I've had really good luck with McGeorge Toyota, other than high shipping charges (rather understandable, given the distance).

I know Partsouq can be good and there's other options, but I'm hoping to find a simple parts dealer I can do online orders from for the bulk of my parts. I called my local dealer and the best they could do from MSRP is 10% off. I'd rather buy from them if the rate was closer, but McGeorge is doing 32% right now and that really adds up.

I looked around other nearby dealers. The best I found was Foothills Toyota with 29%, which could make up for the shipping cost difference. Same rate as ToyotaPartsDeal.com (also west coast, so maybe could be my next best option).

Sometimes, though, McGeorge will have parts and other dealers may not. Have any of you found a reliable part source in the area with a good discount?

Thanks!

Toyota parts deal will screw you they are a drop ship middle man. Lost of people on here with bad experience including me. I only use partsouq now. Yes shipping is expensive but if you’re buying 2/300 plus In parts it totally worth it in the saving they provide most parts 30-60% cheeper than the dealer. Just keep you orders under $1k and you won’t have to pay duties for importing. Any thing I need with in a day or two I use my local dealer And pay the tax. Partsouq is usually 5-7 business days to my front door. I know that didn’t exactly answer your question about a west coast company but I have found this works great for me and saves me hundreds a year as long as I plan my parts purchases in advance of a project.

Toyota parts deal will screw you they are a drop ship middle man. Lost of people on here with bad experience including me. I only use partsouq now. Yes shipping is expensive but if you’re buying 2/300 plus In parts it totally worth it in the saving they provide most parts 30-60% cheeper than the dealer. Just keep you orders under $1k and you won’t have to pay duties for importing. Any thing I need with in a day or two I use my local dealer And pay the tax. Partsouq is usually 5-7 business days to my front door. I know that didn’t exactly answer your question about a west coast company but I have found this works great for me and saves me hundreds a year as long as I plan my parts purchases in advance of a project.

That is good to know. Thank you!

I think you're right that for larger orders it's definitely worth it. The local dealer is over an hour away though and usually has to order stuff in (but they do get it pretty fast).

A lot of their stuff ships from Dubai. Do you still get it (to Oregon) in 5-7 business days? Or only for Japan orders?

Edit: I might be getting Partsouq and Amayama mixed up.

Check out:
Norwalk Toyota in California. There is a discount code for iH8mud somewhere on here?
Larry Miller Toyota in Salt Lake City

I used McGeorge until I moved further west. Switched because of the shipping cost. Both of the above have the same stuff, different Toyota dealers.

devo

Check out:
Norwalk Toyota in California. There is a discount code for iH8mud somewhere on here?
Larry Miller Toyota in Salt Lake City

I used McGeorge until I moved further west. Switched because of the shipping cost. Both of the above have the same stuff, different Toyota dealers.

devo

Norwalk killed off their online biz years ago. It was great while it lasted since I had the convenience of online shopping with local pick up (e.g. windshield).

My current go to is Downtown LA Toyota. I negotiated a rate with them when I was doing my new engine build. They discount 30% in person (i.e. no online option atm). If I had the time/desire, perhaps I could convince them to go online. DTLA Toyota inventory upkeep is pretty efficient since they're so close to one of the major T parts depots. If I lived in Seattle, I'd probably approach Michael's Toyota of Bellevue.

No shade thrown at McGeorge as they've always been reliable for me, but Boch Toyota hasn't charged CA sales tax which makes a difference. Lower shipping costs as well w/ perhaps less secure packaging?

Do your parts homework here. Transact with the lowest, reliable bidder.

Last edited:
For me in AK, I've used lithiatoyotaparts for a lot of things (usually a mixed bag of smaller parts) as they have reasonable shipping to me, and have had a fairly swift turnaround each time. I have a bunch of things in my cart now, waiting until I add a few more to order the lot. Not sure if others use them, but it's been my go-to source in the US the last couple years, outside of things like axle kit from cruiser outfitters and some things from wits end, or the odd OEM eBay purchase when I need a one-off and it's the best price.

If I were really doing bulk buys as mentioned above, I'd probably do partsouq as well

Surprised nobody has mentioned serra Decatur. I use them when the order is too small for partsouq. They are in Alabama, but have free shipping (up to $200 value) for all orders above $75, and their prices are at least as good as Toyota parts deal, aka the best stateside I can find. Good customer service as well

Sometimes, though, McGeorge will have parts and other dealers may not.

More likely they are in close proximity to their facing depot. This means they order what you want right after you ask for it and they can get it in what appears to be a seamless fashion, then on to you.

I actually stocked the stuff on my shelves.

Norwalk killed off their online biz years ago. It was great while it lasted since I had the convenience of online shopping with local pick up (e.g. windshield).

My current go to is Downtown LA Toyota. I negotiated a rate with them when I was doing my new engine build. They discount 30% in person (i.e. no online option atm). If I had the time/desire, perhaps I could convince them to go online. DTLA Toyota inventory upkeep is pretty efficient since they're so close to one of the major T parts depots. If I lived in Seattle, I'd probably approach Michael's Toyota of Bellevue.

No shade thrown at McGeorge as they've always been reliable for me, but Boch Toyota hasn't charged CA sales tax which makes a difference. Lower shipping costs as well w/ perhaps less secure packaging?

Do your parts homework here. Transact with the lowest, reliable bidder.
+1 for Boch Toyota. Competitive prices, no sales tax, cheap shipping, and they’re great to work with.

Stevens Creek Toyota has good online pricing. It has slightly higher than McGeorge in the past. Their shipping rates are average.

I agree that Partsouq is the way to go for either large orders or expensive parts. I just ordered a crankshaft pulley for over $250 less than the cheapest US price.

I was actually surprised to discover that San Francisco Toyota had lower prices than toyotapartsdeal.
Applying the code FREESHIP at checkout saved me another $200 on the shipping of my drive shaft (or a two hour round trip for me into the city).

For me in AK, I've used lithiatoyotaparts for a lot of things (usually a mixed bag of smaller parts) as they have reasonable shipping to me, and have had a fairly swift turnaround each time. I have a bunch of things in my cart now, waiting until I add a few more to order the lot. Not sure if others use them, but it's been my go-to source in the US the last couple years, outside of things like axle kit from cruiser outfitters and some things from wits end, or the odd OEM eBay purchase when I need a one-off and it's the best price.

If I were really doing bulk buys as mentioned above, I'd probably do partsouq as well

Thank you everyone for the replies! Lithia Toyota ended up having the best overall rate for me. Great suggestion, I appreciate it. They're a lot closer to me than some other dealers, too.

I've had really good luck with McGeorge Toyota, other than high shipping charges (rather understandable, given the distance).

I know Partsouq can be good and there's other options, but I'm hoping to find a simple parts dealer I can do online orders from for the bulk of my parts. I called my local dealer and the best they could do from MSRP is 10% off. I'd rather buy from them if the rate was closer, but McGeorge is doing 32% right now and that really adds up.

I looked around other nearby dealers. The best I found was Foothills Toyota with 29%, which could make up for the shipping cost difference. Same rate as ToyotaPartsDeal.com (also west coast, so maybe could be my next best option).

Sometimes, though, McGeorge will have parts and other dealers may not. Have any of you found a reliable part source in the area with a good discount?

Thanks!
Great thread. Sources do change over time. I used Megazip for lot of parts. Shipping was shockingly fast.
My local (Roseville Toyota) now does online w/local pickup. Next business day sometimes.

I discovered today much to my dismay that every dealer nationwide with the Toyota parts web site that features "freeship" is unable to lookup part numbers from older than 91 toyotas. Previously, I was able to find parts through their portal. I can't buy parts for my 40 anymore. The rest of the dealers do not have "freeship" but have a version of online sales that allows me to access older part numbers without a VIN or vehicle model but no free shipping.

I've had good luck just emailing the guys at Lake City Toyota in Seattle. I just provide them most of the part numbers for my 60 and 80 series, or ask for certain parts and they look them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom