Just complete 1500 mile road trip with new 24 gal LRA and 4.88 gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
These two mods are game changing. The extended range is wonderful. If I could drive 65 mph, I could get 600 miles maybe a bit more on flat terrain. Our trip was KC to Galveston area and back. Even with a lead foot and/or going up hill 500 miles is easy and essentially eliminates range anxiety. Went home from Waco today (616 miles) with one stop for lunch. 6 hours non-stop after we ate lunch. Couldn't do that before as about 3 hours/225 likes was max and had to align with an open gas station. Granted, running up I35 you'd have to try pretty hard to run out of gas as there are stations about every 30 miles but not so in a lot of other places I go/will be going. The LRA is no doubt the most useful mod I have made.

The 4.88s were a surprise to me. I knew I would have better power response but I generally do not drive aggressively or like I'm in a sports car when I'm really in a lifted, 7400 lb armored tank. But in crazy Dallas and Houston traffic, where even at 85 mph you get passed like your standing still, the ability to be going 80, hit the gas and feel the acceleration to 95 like you are in a sports car is pretty awesome and sometime necessary. Even just cruising at 85 mpg getting from point A to B is a different feel (good) with the 4.88s. Not so good for mpg but then I have the LRA...

This is cool but I wanna know how you go 6 hours without a pee break??
Only one Diet Coke but even then, the struggle was real!

Some things need not be discussed!

I just drive with a diaper on. Jk

These two mods are game changing. The extended range is wonderful. If I could drive 65 mph, I could get 600 miles maybe a bit more on flat terrain. Our trip was KC to Galveston area and back. Even with a lead foot and/or going up hill 500 miles is easy and essentially eliminates range anxiety. Went home from Waco today (616 miles) with one stop for lunch. 6 hours non-stop after we ate lunch. Couldn't do that before as about 3 hours/225 likes was max and had to align with an open gas station. Granted, running up I35 you'd have to try pretty hard to run out of gas as there are stations about every 30 miles but not so in a lot of other places I go/will be going. The LRA is no doubt the most useful mod I have made.

The 4.88s were a surprise to me. I knew I would have better power response but I generally do not drive aggressively or like I'm in a sports car when I'm really in a lifted, 7400 lb armored tank. But in crazy Dallas and Houston traffic, where even at 85 mph you get passed like your standing still, the ability to be going 80, hit the gas and feel the acceleration to 95 like you are in a sports car is pretty awesome and sometime necessary. Even just cruising at 85 mpg getting from point A to B is a different feel (good) with the 4.88s. Not so good for mpg but then I have the LRA...

Cant wait to do something about the range. I haven’t done any super long hauls in the 570 yet, but planning to soon enough.

Day trip today to Houston for business, couldnt make it back without a stop. I tried to see what i could get door to door. I would have been like a 1/4-1/3rd tank short.

Sometimes 95-100mph isn't fast enough to not get run over in Houston traffic lol.

OIP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom