LRA 24 Gallon Tank Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2 issues I have, and have always had, with my LRA tank:

1. Main tank fills ultra slow. At most gas stations, I can't even get the auto fill clicker to engage at the slowest setting
    1. I'm having a professional mechanic go through it to see if he can find the issue and correct it, but no luck so far
      • He found a kink, and corrected it and prevented it from happening again, but didn't fix it
      • Have blown out the lines, and there doesn't seem to be a blockage
      • Will blow out the filter next. It's dirty, but I doubt this is the main issue
  2. If I over fill it even once, the excess goes into the evap canister, cleans out the charcoal, and then it throws an engine code, preventing engaging 4LO
    1. I'm going to replace the evap canister
    2. But, if the vehicle is still hard to fill, and gets overfilled even once, then in 4 weeks the engine code will light up again
  3. There are no issues with the aux tank fill, and no issues with the aux tank filling the main
    1. I did replace the fuel pump that came with a more robust and higher flow pump, and haven't had any issues since replacing it.
Anyone else had these issues, and figured out a solution?

The breather filter being dirty is your main problem. It's a maintenance item with the LRA, especially out in the southwest with lots of sand and silt. Everytime my fill becomes slow, it's time to clean the breather filter.

Has anyone used a Donaldson air filter variant for their LRA? It seems like it’d be a top of the line disposable and long term solution.

@Scylth Did you ever find a solution? I have the same set up, and while it hasn't been a problem from the beginning (everything worked great for the 1st couple years), I'm at a point now where filling up the main tank takes 20 minutes. The aux tank fills up fine. Sent it to the shop a few weeks ago and they diagnosed the valve in the main tank, so replaced the factory tank and now still has the same problem. They removed all the vent hoses to test if it would fill when vented to the air and still no go, so not related to venting. Curious where you ended up. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom