Builds Rich’s 3rd Gen 4Runner build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 35’s did not show any rubbing up front but there was minor rubbing in the rear fenders that I will be working on.

I was going to ask the same about the rubbing as well. Thankfully Andy did a fantastic job of getting the clearance needed on my 4Runner, I think the only thing I rub now is the fuel tank filler neck, which will hopefully be remedied when I do the F-150 fuel tank swap and move the fuel tank to the rear spare tire area

So working on the window delete on the 3rd gen. So after the classic at AOAA I was trying to find a rear quarter glass but after looking at different options i ended up going with a window delete since this is my wheeling truck. I found a company out of Texas Velox Offroad that makes different options to replace the glass and i went with a window delete.

Here are a couple pictures before and aftet.

20220827_104059.jpg

20220827_115600.jpg

20220828_121936.jpg

I guess that side has the least lost visibility. Will that vent like a minivan?

I guess that side has the least lost visibility. Will that vent like a minivan?
I wish but they only offer a gullwing style and a delete so I ended going with the delete because it was 2x cheaper.

Always projects on my 3rd Gen. I removed the drawer system I made and I wanted to do something different. Now that I built the rear bumper i have to figure out how to store the spare tire. I can either build something in the rear cargo area or other option was to build a rear swing out tire carrier. I chose the cargo tire carrier so I don’t have to worry about the spare getting in the way. Hete are couple pictures of the fit test before I paint the carrier and sorry for my sloppy welds but I am still learning.
20220909_152654.jpg
20220909_153805.jpg
20220909_153808.jpg
20220912_174054.jpg

20220912_174106.jpg

20220912_174118.jpg

Rick, which rear springs are you running?

I am finding anytime I add weight now, my now 17 year old 8 wrap 80 Series coils are sagging too much.

I was thinking of finding some 8.5 Wrap or 9 Wrap coils but they are starting to be come harder to find I feel.
I had the same issue on the 80 coils and i ended up switching to a Dobinson stock height 80 front springs C59-210v

I had the same issue on the 80 coils and i ended up switching to a Dobinson stock height 80 front springs C59-210v

Where they a decent price? Do you think they flex as well as the stock 80 series springs? I love how the rear of the 4Runner is now, its flexes phenomenally and I am worrying about ruining it with any change 🤣

Where they a decent price? Do you think they flex as well as the stock 80 series springs? I love how the rear of the 4Runner is now, its flexes phenomenally and I am worrying about ruining it with any change 🤣
Here’s a picture from the last trip and I think you can check the reviews TR4.org site and it does have a rake but it’s all about your preference.
1B7D343E-6BD5-41D0-A65A-D87952B32035.jpeg

Here’s a picture from the last trip and I think you can check the reviews TR4.org site and it does have a rake but it’s all about your preference.View attachment 3121883

Looks Good! Rake I don't mind and am used to it, I just want to hold a little more weight and still be flexible

Here’s a picture from the last trip and I think you can check the reviews TR4.org site and it does have a rake but it’s all about your preference.View attachment 3121883
Looks Good! Rake I don't mind and am used to it, I just want to hold a little more weight and still be flexible
$245 for the springs and I like them but read some of the reviews with 3rd gens with the C59-210V springs before you buy a set. Dobinsons C59-210V Front Coil Springs - Exit Offroad - https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-front-coil-springs-for-toyota-land-cruiser-80-series-1990-1997-progressive-rate-stock-height/

So I had to address a couple things on the 3rd Gen 4runner.
Rebuilt the Steering Rack
New P/S pump
New valve cover gaskets and spark plug seals (red wrinkle coated)
Upper intake plenum refresh (red wrinkle coated) Valve body cleaning
New Doug Thorley headers
Rebuilt brake calipers, new pads, and new DBA rotors

Thanks to Avi help I got this beast back up and running again.

I found a couple connections that were broken the coil pack connection and the throttle position connection.

3588543A-793A-43F5-BEBB-B8C8F74423F2.jpeg
77D122CB-48B6-4BD1-B602-64E15B201F25.jpeg
708DED93-DB5D-4E86-86D3-AF4DAB8E9997.jpeg
6E459315-37FF-4CF1-BD86-A18952F77C6B.jpeg
357679EA-DBFE-47B0-BFDC-676376FC9F97.jpeg

Looks awesome! Glad it is all up and running again? A few questions, which radiator are you running (now that I see it is very different)? Same question for the alternator? Do you plan to supercharge eventually? and did you do the power coating yourself or do you have someone local?

I am curious how the butt dyno feels as far as added power from the headers.

Looks awesome! Glad it is all up and running again? A few questions, which radiator are you running (now that I see it is very different)? Same question for the alternator? Do you plan to supercharge eventually? and did you do the power coating yourself or do you have someone local?

I am curious how the butt dyno feels as far as added power from the headers.
Thanks Avi!

I am running the Champion radiator which is powder coated burnt bronze like the headers and I done the big 3 upgrade with the CS144 alternator. I had a local powder coater do the bigger items like the radiator, condenser, headers, and front skid plates. I usually powder coat the smaller parts like the brake calipers and brackets.

I am still debating about the supercharger but I wanted to see how the header work out for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom