Looking for shop reccomendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone reccomend a shop that could install the KP Offroad cam/cam tab upgrade kit for my 4runner and do an alignment, that won't cost a kidney? I reached out to one shop who quoted me $1200. I may be wrong but that sounds really high to me. They had also quoted me roughly $600 to weld on the Eimkeith panhard correction kit for my 4runner.

Last edited:
I'll do a little digging but ultimately I think that's a fair price. Most fab shops charge straight time when it comes to custom work.

One place I know that does excellent work, a guy I went to UTI with, has a shop in West Chester and they do a lot of work to custom stuff to lots of Jeep builds. D'Antonio Automotive is the place. I'm not sure on the pricing but the quality will definitely be there. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd be sending my stepdads 3rd gen there to be restored honestly. His a good guy, has a good team and has quality work.

Additionally, have you ever had your cam bolts changed out or lower control arms? If they have never been touched they will be seized, and your bill will go up because they will have to cut the old bolt out and either put new bushings in or lower control arms all together to finish the job. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks man I’ll check them out. The reason I asked is the same shop quoted me four hours of labor for the Eimkeith PCK and a buddy(he’s a metal fabricator) welded it on and was back on its wheels in two hours. I don’t mind paying for good work, just don’t wanna over pay for someone who specializes in this stuff and inflates billable hours. Front suspension is almost completely rebuilt. It has brand new LCA’s so bolts coming out should be no issue. I’m hoping soon to do UCA and front strut tower reinforcement plates.

Thanks man I’ll check them out. The reason I asked is the same shop quoted me four hours of labor for the Eimkeith PCK and a buddy(he’s a metal fabricator) welded it on and was back on its wheels in two hours. I don’t mind paying for good work, just don’t wanna over pay for someone who specializes in this stuff and inflates billable hours. Front suspension is almost completely rebuilt. It has brand new LCA’s so bolts coming out should be no issue. I’m hoping soon to do UCA and front strut tower reinforcement plates.

You already called this shop for a quote before? Just want to make sure I understand you clearly. That is good news that you already had a refresh done so if those bolts come out that will make all parties involved happier lol. IF your metal fab buddy has the time. You could always just mark a where the cam positions are now and then align the new cams the best you can and take it somewhere local for an alignment. I don't know what your buddy will charger you but just an option if he can work with you.

Yes they already quoted me for the labor. I have not used them before, but the alignment components and the LCA currently in there are brand new. Looks like I'll just take it to my buddy then take it somewhere after to get a more precise alignment, if needed. Thanks for the help.

Yes they already quoted me for the labor. I have not used them before, but the alignment components and the LCA currently in there are brand new. Looks like I'll just take it to my buddy then take it somewhere after to get a more precise alignment, if needed. Thanks for the help.
If you have a good alignment, then you should be good on the camber adjustments. Make sure you take alot of pictures of the position of the camber bolts. When I did my camber gussets and camber detete plates my 3rd gen dove straight and i have not had a alignment since then. Going on 3 years now.

Here’s a picture of the LCA that I use to document the position of the camber adjusters.
44D1D0C2-47CA-409A-B210-ACA14DDFF1EB-6886-0000080D3F2892D7_Original.gif

Have you found somebody to help you sort this out yet Jason?
A guy I know is gonna weld them on for me. His rate is lower than any shop I found. I gotta install the JBA UCA's and get an alignment first though. Gonna be waiting till after the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom