What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! LSeat dove grey? I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago
No idea, the seat guy just matched the grey with his samples and that’s that. I’ll call the shop and ask…a little language barrier-but they speak more English than I speak Spanish so it’s my deficit!

Been noticing a fresh gasoline smell after driving

Popped a couple beers had the homies holding the flashlight- changed the gas cap

No more gasoline smell :)
I'm just kidding about the beers and friends LOL. but I'm glad it was just the gas cap and not the charcoal canister or fuel pump gasket. Shocked my CEL did not go on.

Just finished mounting a refurbished steering wheel and a new large KENWOOD multimedia player

297A57A4-6513-4E89-8A20-F88E9533C140.jpeg

4117A59E-6839-49B4-9740-C4D4D65E7C37.jpeg

I just replaced the “cool” side heater T because the PO only did one for some reason, replaced one of my axle boot clamps and did a new t-stat to see if it helps my 75+MPH overheating. Thermostat that was in it was a Toyota one but looked old.

Hopefully before the end of the weekend I’ll have time to adjust my parking brake and aim the headlights.

That's the main reason I've got JDM LC. That and velour interior. I believe you can get spare tire carrier from Japan, I've seen couple for sale at yahoo auctions.
Do you know if the reinforcements are in the body on the US spec trucks? I know that was one of the big issues with doing that style spare holder on the 80 series, unless it had the holder from the factory all the internal supports were missing.

Do you know if the reinforcements are in the body on the US spec trucks? I know that was one of the big issues with doing that style spare holder on the 80 series, unless it had the holder from the factory all the internal supports were missing.
Yes, you're correct. US Spec truck do not have these reinforcements. They are two additional items and one of them is welded in, and is not available for sale separately. The only solution I see is to find wrecked 100 series either in UAE or Japan/Russia and cut that portion of rear quater panel out.

Is your tag line correct??? 350hp and 737 pound feet of torque?????

WOW !!!!!!!!!!

What kind of mileage do you get with that turbo engine setup?
Yes it’s correct🤘it runs like a locomotive 💪not far from the original mileage.

Ooh, such a nice thread. I replaced rear tailights with Lexus OEM LED. That was costly, but acceptable. I was able to utilize tailight turn signal both as blinker and reverse light by doing harness gymnastics.

View attachment 3194670

Turn signal
View attachment 3194671

And reverse.

View attachment 3194672
Thanks for the idea. I’m going to try and put some lights in the rear bumper for reserve lights. If that doesn’t work I’ll take your lead and tie into the turn signal. Cheers mate.

Helped my buddy install some baja design squadron fog lights into his Ironman bumper. Wasn't easy. Kind of proud of the final product.

7FD1D8B9-6F78-4FB6-BB4B-075CD14D939A.jpeg

E35D3FFA-54CD-4E87-B1E7-28CFEFBAB8CC.jpeg

3F9F4B9C-A8B1-43AC-98D5-B1A70152D0C2.jpeg

Thanks for the idea. I’m going to try and put some lights in the rear bumper for reserve lights. If that doesn’t work I’ll take your lead and tie into the turn signal. Cheers mate.
Feel free to ping me if you'll need any suggestions. Items I used fot my set up were:
3 wire bulb socket
LED Turn signal relay
Switchback bulbs
Lexus tailights (1 x 81561-60700, 1 x 81551-60780)
Lexus taillight harness (2 x 81555-60780)
Some electric tape and shrinkwrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom