What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would love to see more of this. I stared at mine for a while and the BDs appeared to be too long
There was a definitely some cutting in the back to make them fit. And we made a trim / bezel out of this 1/2" pvc plastic sheet to fill around the light. I'll ask him for some pictures of the backside. It's not pretty, but it worked out 😅

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Installed the Front Runner accessory fairing on my rack. I didn't have any problem with wind noise before and still don't, but it sure looks a lot better. I had to use the second set of holes in the bracket (it shipped with screws in the first set) to clear the sunroof gasket. As a bonus those empty first set of holes might be a great way to add a light bar 🤔 I did not install the strip of 3m protective film. I see vehicles every day that have years-old protective film on them that gets cloudy and cracked, looks terrible, and the adhesive has eaten into the paint. I'll take my chances with the rubber edge.

I also flipped that rubber edge around to hide the huge FRONT RUNNER logo. I figure already having their name on all four sides of the rack is advertising enough.

View attachment 3190717

View attachment 3190718
Nice! I installed it together with the roof rack and had the same thought about the protective film, however after 1 year I noticed the rubber strip damages the paint :-( so I added it after all to prevent further damage.

20221217_112747.jpg

Finally got around to installing OME 863s in the 100 Series and replacing the Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks with the Slee units. What a difference, the whole truck is happier and rides amazing now. Literally a world of difference between the Slee units and the Ironman units.

2022-12-10 13.52.16.jpg

2022-12-10 13.52.27.jpg

2022-12-10 13.52.37.jpg

2022-12-10 13.52.45.jpg

Full timing belt kit, water pump, alternator, power steering pump, tensioner assembly, fan pulley bracket assembly.

All new cooling hoses including radiator/bypass/etc.

New power steering hoses and fresh fluid and bleed.

Pressed in a new bearing in my AC compressor pulley as original was a bit scratchy.

Coolant exchange.

PXL_20221213_000534551.jpg

PXL_20221213_000518560.jpg

PXL_20221217_034913397.jpg

PXL_20221217_034925084.jpg

PXL_20221213_000516265.jpg

Finally got around to installing OME 863s in the 100 Series and replacing the Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks with the Slee units. What a difference, the whole truck is happier and rides amazing now. Literally a world of difference between the Slee units and the Ironman units.

View attachment 3196072

View attachment 3196073

View attachment 3196074
View attachment 3196075

At 2X the price I would hope there is some kind of noticeable improvement. What issues were you having with the FCP kit?

I like that placement. Do you have it wired up so the DRL turns off when you have the headlights turned on?
Thanks! I did this because I lost my factory halogen drl when I switched to LED bulbs for the high beams. The DRL is wired to the Acc so it remains ON when you’re driving the vehicle and turns off when you remove the key.

WOW!!!!

In another IH8MUD thread, I was turned on to yet another discounted OEM Japanese parts exporter… some parts are a lot cheaper, others not so much.

Motors Head Japan… heads up for y’all…

Compare domestic pricing with Amayama, IMPEX Japan and Motors Head Japan for most cost effective route to you. Don’t forget shipping time and costs.

Just sharing

Thanks! I did this because I lost my factory halogen drl when I switched to LED bulbs for the high beams. The DRL is wired to the Acc so it remains ON when you’re driving the vehicle and turns off when you remove the key.
Which LED bulbs did you get for the high beams? Mine are still halogen and nearly useless :(

Which LED bulbs did you get for the high beams? Mine are still halogen and nearly useless :(
I rarely use the high beams so I just went with generic amazon led bulbs under 60 bucks.

Anyone have a part number for this? I still have the plastic piece, but wouldnt mind just getting a new one after I clean up the rust. It's on the hatch lid on the passenger side.

lx_hatch_rust.jpg

I rarely use the high beams so I just went with generic amazon led bulbs under 60 bucks.
Any links you could share? I tried LASFIT brand last year but they didn't work (won't turn on!). Could you post the ones that are working for you?

Any links you could share? I tried LASFIT brand last year but they didn't work (won't turn on!). Could you post the ones that are working for you?
Sorry to hear that I hope you were able to return them. This is what I’m using currently, been 3 years now without a problem: https://a.co/d/95SMLjd

I had to cut the connectors off my lasfit and crimp new ones if that is any help. They were intermittent and would ground despite being covered. I then separately loomed each line and the grounding issue seems to have gone away.

97F0C33D-8552-4AF6-9BD8-2A841F36629E.jpeg
7F2F2087-E0A0-40B1-8C79-55FD7425F26A.jpeg
5AEFD461-4FDB-40F0-B017-04D32052C853.jpeg

Finally removed and replaced my broken passenger seat bolt using more tools/methods than desired.

What lights are those in the bumper?
Seems like they aren’t available anymore when I click on the link from my past orders but I found them on eBay. Bought them awhile ago for some reason. The mounting hole locations on the lights didn’t match with the TJM bumper so I just JB welded it and it’s fine.

719C45F7-1C3A-4C36-909E-9C3FEF9F8757.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom