Rear Heater Bypass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting some seeping from the hoses at the t connection, t's aren't very old and seem fine but I'm assuming hoses/clamps need replaced. Instead of ordering all the hoses, clamps and t's I'd like to bypass as I have not and probably will never use rear heat. Feel like I've seen this done on here but the only thing I'm finding in search is for 80s. Assuming it's the same concept, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what u shaped hoses to use.

Some 100’s were optioned without a rear heater. Here’s a pic of the hose configuration on mine. I’ll post the hose part#’s

65C3D41A-9A4F-469D-B711-24813F5F0CA1.jpeg

B7C384D9-7FB1-4451-878B-45CF0E4E70E9.jpeg

Bypass that sucker, and all those connections just waiting to leave you stranded somewhere;)

87245-6A070 and 87245-6A060.

You can also remove the T where the rear heater lines connect to the main heater lines at the back of the engine and replace the T with a straight connection. 5/8" brass hose repair coupling fits. Fix box stores also carry 5/8" plastic hose repair couplings but I'm not sure how they would stand up to the heat of the coolant. This is the easy fix if your rear heater lines of heater starts leaking and you don't have access to the OE heater lines designed for vehicles without the rear heater.

the radiator under the seat weighs very little, like 1.xx pounds. The pipes can be in the way if you're trying to undo tranny connectors. Makes an excellent travel path for wire. Without a doubt this is the best place to run 2 gauge wire, protected.
The rear wiper washer fluid hose through the firewall near driver's fender. That's an awesome place to run sender wires also- courtesy of rear wiper/motor delete.

PXL_20231217_170909241.jpg

PXL_20231217_170920978.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom