New Tires and 1 Tire Rubbing in Reverse only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - I just recently swapped my stock Dunlops (285/60/18) for Toyo Open Co. AT3s (SAME size 285/60/18). I have a 2021 LC Heritage - no lift, all stock. For some reason the Driver front tire is rubbing on the front tab and bolt on the bottom front of the well when the wheel is turned all the way RIGHT during back/reverse turns. The passenger is does NOT rub in the same scenario on a left turn backup rotation. I have taken mutiple well to tread measurements and there is no difference for either side. I have also tried this reverse turn on multiple inclines and flats - same result. Anyone have any ideas? THANKS!

Hello all - I just recently swapped my stock Dunlops (285/60/18) for Toyo Open Co. AT3s (SAME size 285/60/18). I have a 2021 LC Heritage - no lift, all stock. For some reason the Driver front tire is rubbing on the front tab and bolt on the bottom front of the well when the wheel is turned all the way RIGHT during back/reverse turns. The passenger is does NOT rub in the same scenario on a left turn backup rotation. I have taken mutiple well to tread measurements and there is no difference for either side. I have also tried this reverse turn on multiple inclines and flats - same result. Anyone have any ideas? THANKS!
I got the same thing when I put my KO2 on and it was only at full lock Reverse. After the tires wore down some it stopped.

Our stock Grandtreks tread width 8.6” vs Toyo AT3 tread width 9.4” same size 285/60R18.. could be a reason..

0C2274D5-9FB7-4700-B721-987A5FCC4E69.png

I have the same tire, Toyo AT3 in 285/60R18 on my stock 2021 LC Heritage and have no rubbing. I wonder if it could be some suspension adjustment as I can't believe that there would be that much variation in the manufacturing.

I have the same tire, Toyo AT3 in 285/60R18 on my stock 2021 LC Heritage and have no rubbing. I wonder if it could be some suspension adjustment as I can't believe that there would be that much variation in the manufacturing.
THANK YOU FOR THAT. Exactly what I was trying to verify ..... same year, same tire ...... I have a service appointment on the 5th for my 20k service and will have the suspension inspected.... thanks captain! (2 photos .... full lock right on drivers tire and full lock left on passenger .... there is a noticeable difference ... the rub is on that little nodule next to the front well tab bolt. Thanks again.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THAT. Exactly what I was trying to verify ..... same year, same tire ...... I have a service appointment on the 5th for my 20k service and will have the suspension inspected.... thanks captain! (2 photos .... full lock right on drivers tire and full lock left on passenger .... there is a noticeable difference ... the rub is on that little nodule next to the front well tab bolt. Thanks again.

View attachment 3179447

View attachment 3179448
Clarification: the photos are not technically full lock tight as I had to get out and take the photo ... but the rub is on the coated piece above the bolt

Just remove the tab. Use a heat gun to bend plastics as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom