HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would mount the harness on the passenger side close to the air box . I use heavy duty Velcro for the ballast but I have to have easy access to plug in headlights I’m building. Some have made brackets and others have plates under the headlights to mount the ballast. Try Google or Mud search and I’m sure you’ll see a few options

Hi Louis, FreewayP

Louis, Last year I shared with you the photos of the plates I made - but to save Freeway some thread scanning time I am attaching a few of them again.

The lights work great--thank you for making the brackets.

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

I just completed my HID retrofit using Lou's brackets, his Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 kit and a new set of OEM glass LX headlights and very happy with the results! Lou was very gracious with his time to coach me through the various steps and it is definitely a process with a learning curve but definitely achievable with a bit of patience. A few tips from my experience:
- Don't use any metal tools to pry the lenses off the headlight assemblies, you may well chip the glass. Go slow and steady with a plastic pry/wedge tool and they will easily come away given a little time and pressure.
- For the headlight calibration step, there are a few guides out there. As Lou mentions, leave the lenses off so you can adjust the bolts from the front. Find a level ground with a wall, at 24 ft perpendicular to the wall mark out 2 inches below the center of your headlight level on the wall and then align your beam with that level. Worked perfectly for me!
- Make sure your shrouds are clean after putting your lenses back on. I had quite a few smudges on mine that I only noticed after the lenses were back on - they're going to annoy me but not worth taking the lenses off to clean.
- If you get butyl tape on anything, you can use Goo Gone to dissolve it. Be careful with IPA, it seems to eat away the chrome finish on the shrouds.
- The sidelights are a pain to remove, the best way is to use a plastic pry tool and use it on the bottom space between the sidelight and the headlight. The bottom clip is super hard to reach from underneath, gave up on that.

Definitely one of my favorite upgrades for the LX, lights now seem better than my Tesla Model 3! Highly recommended!

PXL_20230801_030126634.jpg

PXL_20230801_041613641.jpg

PXL_20230813_035132260.jpg

PXL_20230801_024736140.jpg

I just completed my HID retrofit using Lou's brackets, his Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 kit and a new set of OEM glass LX headlights and very happy with the results! Lou was very gracious with his time to coach me through the various steps and it is definitely a process with a learning curve but definitely achievable with a bit of patience. A few tips from my experience:
- Don't use any metal tools to pry the lenses off the headlight assemblies, you may well chip the glass. Go slow and steady with a plastic pry/wedge tool and they will easily come away given a little time and pressure.
- For the headlight calibration step, there are a few guides out there. As Lou mentions, leave the lenses off so you can adjust the bolts from the front. Find a level ground with a wall, at 24 ft perpendicular to the wall mark out 2 inches below the center of your headlight level on the wall and then align your beam with that level. Worked perfectly for me!
- Make sure your shrouds are clean after putting your lenses back on. I had quite a few smudges on mine that I only noticed after the lenses were back on - they're going to annoy me but not worth taking the lenses off to clean.
- If you get butyl tape on anything, you can use Goo Gone to dissolve it. Be careful with IPA, it seems to eat away the chrome finish on the shrouds.
- The sidelights are a pain to remove, the best way is to use a plastic pry tool and use it on the bottom space between the sidelight and the headlight. The bottom clip is super hard to reach from underneath, gave up on that.

Definitely one of my favorite upgrades for the LX, lights now seem better than my Tesla Model 3! Highly recommended!

View attachment 3399920

View attachment 3399921

View attachment 3399922

View attachment 3399923
What did you go with for the fogs looks good love this color lx

Does anyone have experience purchasing assembled OEM glass headlights with these brackets retrofit?

Does anyone have experience purchasing assembled OEM glass headlights with these brackets retrofit?
The glass and polycarbonate are identical inside so the bracket works for either housing. If you’re asking whether there are glass headlights available retrofitted already I don’t have any. I personally do not recommend the glass headlight. All it takes is one stone hit and you’re buying a new headlight assembly.

The glass and polycarbonate are identical inside so the bracket works for either housing. If you’re asking whether there are glass headlights available retrofitted already I don’t have any. I personally do not recommend the glass headlight. All it takes is one stone hit and you’re buying a new headlight assembly.

I have glass and didn't convert to poly but Luke111 is right. He also was very helpful with not only providing me the kit but also walking me through some of the fabrication/installation questions I had. This upgrade is my favorite of my 100 series. I added an Ironman front bumper and the LED's that come with that bumper match up great with this kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom