P0420 wont leave me alone.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, I was using one of those slotted O2 sensor sockets. As to strong arm power, I did have my coffee and Wheaties before I crawled under the GX 😭 lol. What I saw in some YouTube videos since was some suggestions to put a hose clamp around the socket to prevent the slot from expanding during torquing and thus slipping. Will also try using a hammer on the breaker bar as most have suggested instead of the tugging' method.
the hose clamp idea is an interesting one and probably does help. I got mad and cut it off and slid an impact up in there and it buzzed right off haha

We did it! Got the driver side O2 sensor off today: hammer, warmed up, and a hose clamp around the slotted wrench, and 2 bowls of Wheaties before starting work. Got the spacer on. Crossing my fingers and hoping that the codes don't come back... Thank you everyone with the help and suggestions!!

IMG_9471.jpeg

How well did your 5th gen T4R catback fit? Considering a Borla 5th gen catback for my GX.

My bad! Must have confused you with one of the other NYC-area forum members :)

Most of the Amazon ones have been removed. It seems that the main source of them now will be directly from overseas, any remaining domestic sources are likely to get shut down due to increased enforcement.

This one looks very similar to the two that I purchased on Amazon in 2021 (which are still working great). Buy at your own risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom