Need help with AC Compressor Part, 2 weeks and 3rd part driving me crazy. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 2005 GX470, bearing went bad in the AC compressor and now its seized. No biggie just replace it with OEM part..... So, I've been to two local auto parts stores and have purchased denzo part# 471-1412 Ac compressor with clutch for no rear AC.
Here's the link to Denso: 471-1412

Take note of how the clutch looks. So, first part I bought wasn't OEM, clutch didn't match, returned it. 2nd one ordered was Denso 471-1412 marked on box from Autozone. Different clutch, didn't purchase it. 3rd ordered from Rock Auto, Denso 471-1412 marked on box, recieved today...different clutch. All 3 of these had the same clutch as Denso part number 471-1005. Link: 471-1005, which is for the GX 470 with a rear AC.

I'm finding it difficult to believe Denso boxed the wrong part twice.

Does anyone know if they redesigned the clutch on 471-1412 at some point (and no one decided to update the photos)? Are these compressors interchangeable? I'm not an HVAC guy, so I'm not sure what kind of damage putting the wrong compressor in might do or if it would work at all.

Below are pictures of the part and box I recieved from Rock Auto. Note: The picture above of 471-1005 shows a third capped valve port (black cap by the two silver studs) which mine does not seem to have, but instead has two ports like the 471-1412.
1000007389.jpg

1000007385.jpg
1000007386.jpg

AFAIK all compressors only have two ports (low and high pressure). The rear A/C tee's off somewhere near the firewall. Here is a picture of the ports of a brand new (old stock) 471-1005 Denso compressor intended for a vehicle equipped with rear A/C.

20240328_144840.jpg

The clutch on these compressors is different from the one you'll find on the vehicle. Even though the brand is the same, the one you buy in a store/online are all from Denso's 'aftermarket' division. Here is the clutch on the 471-1005. It has a different look, but the functionality is the same as the original version.

20240328_144908.jpg

I was not aware there was a GX version without rear A/C. They only real difference between the compressors would be the compressor capacity (cu.in/rev), since it is designed for a higher heat load. A rear A/C compressor on a non rear A/C vehicle would still work on a vehicle without rear A/C as the on-off control of the clutch is done by the trinary switch.

Could you post a picture of your old compressor? I am not sure if the issue is the compressor or the clutch, I could tell you that the clutch doesn't really matter unless you have clearance issues it's just an electromagnet. If there is two different kind of compressor the only reason would be the volume that it's moving since a dual system would hold more refrigerant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom