Turn signal fast blink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Started recently, right turn signal blink fast, left blinked normally. Then both would blink fast, then nothing. Then right. Bizarre.

I replaced the flasher relay, same problem still exists.

I've searched and don't see anything similar. What's the next step?

If you installed LED bulbs that could be the cause of your problem... I did and had same problem, swapped out to LED flasher and all is normal again. But this may not be the case with yours if you still have standard bulbs...

I have standard bulbs, no LED changes.

I always thought fast blink meant the bulb was burned out. Are the bulbs ok? Also had it happen once when I didn't use bulb grease/dielectric grease.

Faster blink means that there is a higher current draw. I would look for a exposed wire harness that is shorting to ground or a coroded connector.

Fast blink happens when the current through the flasher unit is not for want of a better phrase 'used up' by a working bulb. If a bulb goes out then yes you get fast blink, if you have a bad earth (the most common fault) then you get fast blink as well.

Check the earths down the side of the batteries which run to the lighting loom.

regards

Dave

Replace blinker fluid...

I had the same problem, found the front left indicator bulb was not making good contact. As simple as using channel locks to squeeze it make it tighter, then some dieletric grease for good measure.

So, go ahead and replace both bulbs, KISS. Check earth connections. Check for bad wiring. Check contact of bulb, sand and dieletric. Ok, work on this tonight.

So, go ahead and replace both bulbs, KISS. Check earth connections. Check for bad wiring. Check contact of bulb, sand and dieletric. Ok, work on this tonight.
Long time ago but did you find the solution to stop the fast blink with all lights working?
Ground issue?
Have the same on my HJ61 1988 :(

Appreciate input if possible 🙏

Long time ago but did you find the solution to stop the fast blink with all lights working?
Ground issue?
Have the same on my HJ61 1988 :(

Appreciate input if possible 🙏
The issue was both bad bulbs and a intermittent bad ground.

The issue was both bad bulbs and a intermittent bad ground.
Ah! Do you remember where the ground issue was? I have normal rate when hazard is on but left and right turn signal goes rapid. Hmm

Problem was bad bulb. Fixed by exchange

I have the same issue. Rapid Flashing on the turn signals and normal for the hazards. The truck(10/72) has a new solid state flasher in it. I was going to try to replace the flasher unit however the local Toyota Dealer quote $180. I replaced all the blubs and checked for ground issues on all four corners and at the relay. They all seem good. Any other options besides trying a new flasher relay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom