New Wipers OE vs Aftermarket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bosch, but what I've learned is a really clean windshield makes the difference. Every other car wash I will spend a little extra time cleaning the windshield and it helps a lot with wiper noise and performance of the blades.

Bosch, but what I've learned is a really clean windshield makes the difference. Every other car wash I will spend a little extra time cleaning the windshield and it helps a lot with wiper noise and performance of the blades.

Great point. Also a little RainX coating helps them glide like buttah.

OEM.

Not the Taiwanese or Chinese “Toyota” junk. Japanese OEM.

I personally can't stand rainx on my cars.

A new wiper across a new bare windshield will leave a super-thin film of water that is transparent when humid out, or dries almost instantly if it's dry (like washing your windshield). RainX makes this film bead up into very tiny droplets and just roll around on the windshield, then eventually dries leaving deposits where those beads were. Without rainx any dirt washed by the wipers and spray rinse off and the the remaining film dries invisibly.

The problem is every used car I've bought had it added as a "feature".. which means every car I buy used means time spent with a polisher taking the stuff back off. Well worth it though.

And what @04UZJ100 said. Japanese OEM, superior to everything else. No weird adapters making the arms stick off the windshield more than factory, rigid and well-built. Not made as cheaply as possible. Like the rest of the cruiser.

I get 6-8 months out of a set of refills, and in the central texas sun I get about 2 years out of blades before the UV starts very mildly degrading the plastic taking away the polished look. Small price to pay for perfectly functioning wipers when I need them.

Wipers lasted me a long time in Texas also. Since moving to the PNW, I probably change them once or twice a year. But I’m super picky and can’t stand it when the performance degrades even a little.

I like using RainX but it’s easy to use too much. Just a tiny bit goes a long way.

Where are you guys buying the Japanese OEM wiper blades?

Where are you guys buying the Japanese OEM wiper blades?
I haven't bought any in 6-8 months but at that time there were no stock issues. Probably need to put them on the list to start looking if you are having this trouble finding them.

I got the RainX Latitude:

61OvT5IvS6L._SL1500_.jpg

Performance was excellent, I just noticed the two adapter blocks (designed for multiple types of connections) sticking up and in the sightlines. The Toyota wipers are flush all the way across:

81za1f8BcRL._SL1500_.jpg
Even though different part numbers (and lengths) for each left and right wiper, Toyota description says "FR Wiper LH" for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom