Toyota style 3-way switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I am planning to put some Diode Dynamics SSC2 lights on the back bumper. They are designed to work on a 3-way switch:

Position 1 off
Position 2 backlight
Position 3 flood

Or something like that. The round toggle switch is ugly and doesn’t match the rest of the switches. In my 2013 I have a bunch of blank switches by the driver side right knee, and would like to put a OEM Toyota looking 3-way switch there.

Any recommendations? My searches are not turning up the right results.

Last edited:
Agree CH4x4

Do you have a pic of the switch and the wires going to it?

Making some assumptions, a 3-way switch can be approximated with 2x 2-way switches.

#1 Switch - On / Off
#2 Switch - Backlight / Flood

1643171404612.jpeg

Maybe?

This has custom face text/icons and 5 leads, each function is a push on (lock in) - push off. Voltage in, acc1, acc2, back lighting power source and Gnd .. I would not think the lighting and and are needed unless wanted. Check with the vendor.

For the SSC2 lights, I think I am looking for an on/off/on switch. Would this work? And would it fit in one of the standard 2013 switch blanks by the driver’s right knee?

1643212596225.png

This one also looks like it would do what I’m looking for?

Has anyone else mounted a set of SSC2 lights? What did you do for the switch? Did you connect to reverse lights? Or independent with constant power from the battery?

Thx

try reaching out to the company and see what they say. IME the switche sizes are usually standard. With that said, I would hate to be wrong for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom