What have you been doing with your Toyota? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a club member in my review and he couldn't hear me on his CB when I was using mine (it is well tuned), so we cracked jokes on the HAM radio without him knowing it... :p

New radio, antenna, mount, and coax is ordered. Of course the antenna is backordered, but maybe (crosses fingers and toes) it'll arrive by the time I get the radio installed and wired in.

CAECD381-1C45-4FC6-9477-C7B5F58EB78E.jpeg

took my camp shower setup out of one of my cruisers and set it up in my camping tundra. Going to pull it this weekend and finish a couple small things. But test runs took water from 52-107 in one cycle. Leaving in two weeks for a month long road trip so this will be nice. Been planning to swap it for years as this tundra became a camping only truck 5-6 years ago. Finally did.

Put my brand new CB antenna on yesterday to dust it off before our meeting next week... opened the garage and snapped the tip right off! :bang:

That stunk.

Put my brand new CB antenna on yesterday to dust it off before our meeting next week... opened the garage and snapped the tip right off! :bang:

That stunk.
Ha. Crap 💩, sorry bout that, but I needed that laugh 😆

I am glad someone laughed. I didn't... I was hot!
OMG, I bet, I would be too!!!! They’d probably hear me yelling and cussing in Manhattan. I would have been pissed. Sorry about that.

Haha, thanks it’s no biggie but I hate the 1 step forward 2 steps back in life. It seemed to have broken cleanly at the tip. I doubt there’s a way to replace it but I’m going to try to rig something up before buying a new one.

If it's just the tuning wire, you can probably put just about anything conductive in there to replace it. It may not have the little finish cap, but it should still do the job and allow you to tune it. When I was in the Field Artillery, just about every antenna in the Company had some sort of shady repair done to it. It's amazing how much damage can be done over such a short distance by a motivated PFC.

Replaced the other front sway bar link. This one also broke in Utah, just 5 months after the driver's side broke.
I did have the forethought to take a new one along this time. I did not have the forethought to just change it out before I left. :hillbilly:

IMG-6150.jpg
IMG-6815.jpg

drove to Lakeside and picked up a parts rig
pics are stopping on the way down Macdonald pass

DSCF4154.JPG

DSCF4155.JPG

Did an oil change on the 40 this weekend and used it as an opportunity to tighten the connections on the oil cooler I installed last year. I think I have my oil leak issue solved now. Feeling motivated, I thought it would be a good idea to swap the metal fuel filter I put in a couple years ago for one of the clear plastic ones. I even purchased a set of tube clamps specifically for this job. Still managed to spill about a quart of gasoline. Fortunately, most of it came out directly on my hands, arms, and chest, so I was able to soak up most of it with my clothes and barely got any on the garage floor. And finally, I had ordered some 3/8" x 5' fiberglass rods to make a 2-piece dune flag with. ($40 in shipping later) They arrived on Friday and I combined the rods with some appropriately sized tubing, hitch pins, and a threaded coupler to make a real nice 10' mast that I can break down and store in the vehicle for highway travel. We've bumped our trip to St. Anthony back to May 15-16 to avoid Mother's Day weekend, but I'm getting real excited to take the 40 somewhere interesting.

20210429_194118.jpg

I did a little Cardboard Aided Design last night to figure out a bracket to mount my Yaesu FT-2980R 2M ham radio. This iteration would probably work, but I think I can integrate the mounting holes and get something a little cleaner and easier to get in and out of the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom