Camping with your 60/62 thread.... ready go: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Santee State Park, SC

IMG_0154.jpg

PVPP2961.jpg

IMG_0162.JPG

I guess I'll start the post up this year with a picture of my rig on her first road trip with me. Went from California to Montana and made several stops on the way home. This picture is from somewhere a few miles off the highway near Goblin Valley in Utah. I took it a little bit into the clean up process. She doesn't normally sit so low in the back. .. We brought way too much stuff with us. It was our first trip and we've learned a few things since then.
20200929_085619.jpg
20200929_085549.jpg

This was my old 84 back in 2014. We were all packed up to take the truck and camper for memorial weekend when the cam went flat Thursday night. Spent Friday night hastily packing everything into the 60 to go up Saturday morning.

View attachment 2546874
That's awesome! Mine wasn't that full.. Just had a bunch of heavy stuff. Actually had to buy the trailer hitch basket to help carry our gear (wasn't the best at tetrising at that point

I guess I'll start the post up this year with a picture of my rig on her first road trip with me. Went from California to Montana and made several stops on the way home. This picture is from somewhere a few miles off the highway near Goblin Valley in Utah. I took it a little bit into the clean up process. She doesn't normally sit so low in the back. .. We brought way too much stuff with us. It was our first trip and we've learned a few things since then. View attachment 2546828View attachment 2546829
nice. found out you didn't need half the $h!t you took , eh?

This was my old 84 back in 2014. We were all packed up to take the truck and camper for memorial weekend when the cam went flat Thursday night. Spent Friday night hastily packing everything into the 60 to go up Saturday morning.

View attachment 2546874
Sometimes I feel like Toyota was just giving us enough rope to hang ourselves with by doing a tailgate, not a single hatch. It makes it so easy to pack stuff up to the ceiling...

I love how the tailgate becomes a work bench/countertop/ seat and with the lift gate offering a little shade/shelter from the weather.
It's all about getting that bacon smell soaked into the upholstery. Incidentally, at 6'7", a 60 tailgate only a tiny bit too low on 33s and OME to be a perfect kitchen counter...

I love how the tailgate becomes a work bench/countertop/ seat and with the lift gate offering a little shade/shelter from the weather.
You forgot step stool. My poor lift gate still had the carpet albeit in poor condition on it. That was quickly scrapped and now the poor thing is all scratched up... I like to tell myself it gives it more character. Hopefully I get to a lift gate storage mod soon.

Put a custom 'lift kit' on my seat brackets. Ugly, gets the front of the seat about 2-3" higher and the whole thing 4" back. My 5'9" buddy still barely fits behind me. That was a long drive to Moab with three adult passengers...
I'll bet. Used to travel in our 62 like that....4 adult dudes and all our guns, coolers, and sh*t packed solid to the roof. Thought nothing of it...then we all got Suburbans, Tundras, etc with cavernous space inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom