New Product: Antenna Switch Breakout - Winch control via antenna switch! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shapeways.com
Antenna Switch Breakout for 1998-2007 Land Cruiser 100 and LX470.

The ASB100 allows you to use the power antenna switch on the dash to control an accessory with momentary power such as a winch solenoid. The ASB100 replaces the stock Auto Antenna Control box and plugs into the factory harness.

1 Before After.png

The ASB100 contains two 8A DPDT relays, one for the antenna UP button, and one for the antenna DOWN button. When each button is pressed its relay is activated. When the button is released its relay is deactivated.

The ASB100 has 16 terminal block connections for all of the relay terminals as well as vehicle power and ground. You have complete flexibility in wiring to the relays depending on your needs. The terminal blocks accept 16-26 AWG wire.

2 Overview.png

You can also choose how to power the relay coils. For convenience the relay coils come pre-wired for ACC power, and IGN power is also present on the terminals blocks. For added safety you can also add an additional switch to enable the relays.

The ASB100 is made in the USA, hand-assembled, and tested with care in Oregon. Installation requires only a Philips screwdriver to remove the Glove Box, Liner, and OEM Control box. Not even ½ :banana:.

3 Assembly.png

ADDITIONAL INFO:
- See the attached .PDF document for installation instructions and technical details.

- For cost considerations the ASB100 is not fused. It is highly recommended to add inline fuses to any accessory wiring to the terminal blocks.

- The ASB100 replaces the OEM Auto Antenna Control box and does not allow control of your power antenna. If you wish you can change to a manual antenna or leave the power antenna in the raised or lowered position. The Land Cruiser 100 and LX470 have two antennas: A powered mast on the front passenger fender and an antenna printed on the rear passenger vent window. Both of these antennas can be used by the in-dash radio.

COST:
- $129 shipped via USPS Priority mail
- DM for payment & shipping information.

AVAILABILITY:
- 6/2022: In stock

Thanks for looking and please respond with any questions or comments!

4.JPG

Attachments

• ASB100.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 419
Last edited:
clearly stolen from my thread!
j/k - this is nice. and i would have purchased it instead of the hackjob I committed inside my rig at that price.

clearly stolen from my thread!
j/k - this is nice. and i would have purchased it instead of the hackjob I committed inside my rig at that price.
Let's just say I was "inspired" by the need. You definitely need to buy one for a side-by-side comparison. :)

Last edited:
Let's just say I was "inspired" by the need. You definitely need to buy one for a side-by-side comparison. :)
I don't have any money now thanks to the stupid coronavirus

Warning: Dumb questions coming up!
1) Does this work with any 4 connection winches (like a SmittyBilt)
2) How do you connect your wires to this connection block

Read thru the first post again! This is very useful upgrade. I want to buy one as soon as I can get a break from all the mechanical issues on my truck.

Awesome!

Very cool! And it came just as I am considering going to a fixed antenna. Any chance you could also provide diagrams for common winch hook ups and make page 5 a bit bigger in the .pdf?

Very cool! And it came just as I am considering going to a fixed antenna. Any chance you could also provide diagrams for common winch hook ups and make page 5 a bit bigger in the .pdf?
Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the .PDF with a larger circuit diagram.

There are at least a few different solenoid/controller wiring schemes out there. I'll post wiring diagrams as I figure them out.

Could this work on the 80-series antenna switch as well?
Do you ship overseas?

Could this work on the 80-series antenna switch as well?
Do you ship overseas?
From what I can tell the 80-series antenna switch works pretty much opposite of the 100-series: 12V is switched on the 80 while GND is switched on the 100. And the plug isn't there for this relay module. Have you searched the 80-series section for a solution?

This is the wiring diagram for a '96 80-series:
Untitled.jpg

Could you use this to manually control the antenna With the antenna switch? My antenna motor works but there’s some issue with the relay. I’d like to just manually put the antenna up when I want it but keep it down all other times since I rarely listen to the radio.

Could you use this to manually control the antenna With the antenna switch? My antenna motor works but there’s some issue with the relay. I’d like to just manually put the antenna up when I want it but keep it down all other times since I rarely listen to the radio.
The relays are configurable and will let you switch just about anything you want via the Antenna rocker switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom