Best Carburetor for 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are several places to possibly obtain the Aisin carb you are looking for....maybe start with Mark @65swb45 ....then the classifieds

Mark's Off Road phone: 818-953-9230

Thanks for the recommendation. I believe I have a rebuilt ‘76 Aisan on the shelf. I also have 3 non US (read: no smog) 75-80 Aisan carbs. These do not require the sewer pipe spacer to run like the ones supplied with the post 1980 carbs others are selling.

Please leave me a VM at the shop if you’re interested. Thanks. Mark

Short answer: Yes
Longer answer: It depends on the year and what you mean by “desmog”.
My 2f is desmogged. Running a weber 32/36. Leaks real bad. Needs rebuilding but runs great. Desmogged meaning no smog pump or any thing else that goes with it

No smog pump, no problem. It is that “anything else” that could be a problem, depending on which carb you have. For example, some of the things that most people think are “smog” are actually early electronic engine control, like the power valve on 75-78 models. There are many other examples. If you have a ‘84 carb, just cap off any unused vacuum ports and it will run fine.

84 fj60. Engine got swapped, not sure what year it is
If you have the 81 up valvetrain (shorter than the pre81 valvetrain, the 61012 world-market carb is going to be your most straightforward swap.

You still need to learn about insulators, linkage and air cleaners before pulling the trigger on a carb.

I offer one-stop shopping ifyou want to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom