Fixing the 73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any good places fairly priced for oil pans?

'Mud classifieds. The earlier F oilpans (like yours) were made of thicker steel. Later 2F oilpans were made of slightly thinner steel. A 2F oilpan will fit your block but will require trimming of the inner baffles to clear your oilpump.

Built a jig to roll the tub in and out of the garage. Cleaned the frame up a bit, put some paint on it. Been grinding rust off. I couldn't see spend 2000 on sandblasting. It came out pretty good grinding sanding and neutralizing the rust. Im running out room in my garage. :\

20200226_151954_HDR.jpg

20200226_151958_HDR.jpg

20200226_152006.jpg

20200226_152021.jpg

20200226_152032.jpg

Great truck! Your deconstruction work so far looks fantastic. If you didn't find a replacement pan Deo @cruiserjunktion might have one floating around.

Great truck! Your deconstruction work so far looks fantastic. If you didn't find a replacement pan Deo @cruiserjunktion might have one floating around.
i got the pan off. It has a small hole in it but im worried it may be rusted through under the skid plate at the weld also. I cant see it because the baffle on the inside is directly over the weld on the inside.

The force is strong I sense. Cheers to your dad. Liking you dug into this. Fearless. Carry on.

I see butts on the floor with open containers of possibly paint stripper, thinner, additive, etc....usually those vapors and open flames don't play well together. Word of Caution! Combine those with the enclosed garage space........ :eek:🧨

1586463021153.png

I see butts on the floor with open containers of possibly paint stripper, thinner, additive, etc....usually those vapors and open flames don't play well together. Word of Caution! Combine those with the enclosed garage space........ :eek:🧨

View attachment 2266424
I promise ill be careful. Been painting a long time. Im sure OSHA wouldnt approve of the buts and open containers. Is that a fire from smoking and painting?

I promise ill be careful. Been painting a long time. Im sure OSHA wouldnt approve of the buts and open containers. Is that a fire from smoking and painting?
Nah, just some random person having a bad day :flush:. Be careful and enjoy the restoration journey!

thats exactly were it is. I dont have a ton of money. Stock stuff is so expensive, any good places fairly priced for oil pans?
Although stock stuff is more expensive, I've found the quality is usually MUCH better and worth the money. Do what you can though and sometimes the aftermarket still works.

Great Thread !

Great Work !

You DAD was a GREAT man , and would Be Very Proud right Now ........... :)

kindly
matt

It is really coming together nicely! Keep it up and you will have it road ready before the lock down is lifted!!

I like the flat color on the top. Has a good aged look to it.

Must have missed this earlier. There was diamond plating on the rear quarters. Cosmetic? No hidden rust? If so you scored. Not many are that lucky.

I like the flat color on the top. Has a good aged look to it.

Must have missed this earlier. There was diamond plating on the rear quarters. Cosmetic? No hidden rust? If so you scored. Not many are that lucky.
Yes it was rusted out bad. I welding a piece on the drivers side and bondo it. And did some Bondi work on the other side. Took me weeks to get it smoothed out and curved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom