17 digit vin code on frame???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So many dead ends... Just pulled the battery. No plate below it. Darn. Starting to get discouraged.

Just to be clear it wouldn't be under the battery but below it on the inner fender. Look to see if the four holes for the screws are there.

Dont feel bad....I welded on a shackle reversal 20 years ago on a 67 fj45....it seems I should have paid better attention...there was no firewall vin plate, so my frame VIN is covered. I did pick up a reproduction firewall VIn plate...maybe someday I will put the vin on it, that should be kosher enough. Funny thing....took me 15 years to realize what I had done.

Dont feel bad....I welded on a shackle reversal 20 years ago on a 67 fj45....it seems I should have paid better attention...there was no firewall vin plate, so my frame VIN is covered. I did pick up a reproduction firewall VIn plate...maybe someday I will put the vin on it, that should be kosher enough. Funny thing....took me 15 years to realize what I had done.

I would put the plaque now so when it becomes part of your estate and someone goes to sell it now only will they not have to figure out where the plaque is but it will be weathered and won't look fishy like it would at this point to the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom