Will 2016-2019 landcruiser oem wheels fit on a 2015 landcruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, same size same bold pattern.
Should fit without any issues.

Note: The TPMS sensors might not be compatible .
Would need to check into that if your buying them complete with sensors.

I vaguely remember some issue with the hub caps not clearing due to the front hub nut cover shape changing. though that could be putting old wheels on a new truck... not exactly sure.

But the wheels themselves will bolt on just fine. FYI there is a 4mm offset difference.

Everything transfers just fine. My 2015 came from the dealer with the 2016 wheels and I swapped over to the rock warriors. TPMS sensors fit both sets.

The 2016 up wheels will bolt on to a 2015 and older, but the center caps won’t fit in the front.

hmm... similar thing happened to our 02 LC few years back. had to return the wheels

The 2016 up wheels will bolt on to a 2015 and older, but the center caps won’t fit in the front.
I agree with this. I bought a set of 2016 wheels and found that the center caps didn’t fit my 2013 front. I trimmed the mounting tabs on the center caps a little and now they work fine. There is even a line molded into the plastic where you should stop trimming them. The marks could be coincidental, but they worked.

I put 2017 LC wheels on my 2015 LX. Front bearing caps stuck out too far though to make the center caps work without some surgery.

@Scc1515 showed me how to trim the centercap. Just the fronts. thanks again sir.

hubcaps.jpg

Yup, you have to trim the center caps. I posted some photos here:

I have 2016+ wheels on my 2013. Popped off metal center cap “ dealer”. Center cap fits no problem.

If you are around mud/water/salt much I'd advise leaving the metal cap in place. It is designed to keep that stuff out of the hub nut area. It's a huge piece of hardware and if it gets rusty would be very difficult to remove.

Late to this thread but is the removal of the hub center cap the only way to get the OEM '16 wheel on the '13-'15 to mount properly? I tried to have a shop mount '16 wheels on my '15, thinking the only mod I needed to do was the the center caps later at home, but they could not get them to seat correctly and would not complete the request. Any other solutions to this? I have too much dirt and mud driving to risk exposing the hub nut area.

I am running 2017 wheels on my 2013. So same wheel setup. The center caps fit the rear fine. For the fronts I needed to remove about a 1/4" of the plastic lip on the cover to get it clip into the wheel. I used a grinder to remove the material.
Until that 1/4" of martial is removed from the inside of the front wheel covers the wheel will not sit flush to the front hubs with the center cap in place.

I am running 2017 wheels on my 2013. So same wheel setup. The center caps fit the rear fine. For the fronts I needed to remove about a 1/4" of the plastic lip on the cover to get it clip into the wheel. I used a grinder to remove the material.
Until that 1/4" of martial is removed from the inside of the front wheel covers the wheel will not sit flush to the front hubs with the center cap in place.
Thanks, I was having them try to seat the wheels without any center caps as I knew they needed some dremel work. They could not get the fronts to seat over the 2015 hubs. So I am scratching my head about how this actually goes down!

Try finding 2016 hub nut center caps.. the metal cover that presses into the hub face. That is the ultimate reason there are fitment issues here and I guess it’s possible aftermarket parts if they got put on there somehow could be even worse.

Or have the tire shop pull those caps off and see if the wheel fits. You’d be fine to run like that for a while until you can source the correct cap.

Last edited:
Yes, I am head scratching, I actually went back into the service bay and watched them struggle to mount the wheel on the hub..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom